A position has arisen for an Electro Mechanical Technician to join SCN Color’s team in Lagos, Nigeria. You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience. In this role you’ll be responsible for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of a wide variety of production and plant equipment.
Your main duties will include disassembly, assembly, inspection and testing, across both mechanical and electronic disciplines.
You will have proven experience maintaining chillers, PLC controllers and screw compressors. Additional experience working with extrusion machines would be helpful.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join a well-established industrial company, and to apply your mechanical and/or electrical skills.
- Disassembly/ reassembly of products.
- Inspection and testing of products in accordance with controlled and documented procedures.
- Be comfortable working across both Mechanical and Electrical.
- You will follow all established re-manufacturing procedures and processes to ensure a consistent, reliable, quality end product.
- Work to/from engineering drawings, follow formal procedures and maintenance practices ensuring a quality end product.
- Produce equipment which complies with SCN Color’s workmanship standards and specifications.
- Document, report and record all maintenance findings and test results in company supported databases.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Any other duties as required by the Maintenance Manager.
- Proven background in troubleshooting, testing, assembly & dis-assembly of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Basic skills with soldering and assembling of electro/mechanical devices including the use of general mechanical measuring devices.
- Proficient in the use of electronic multimeters, meggers, hi-pot testers, & other general instruments.
- Proficient in the use of mechanical calipers, micrometers, & other general measuring devices.
- Ability to read, interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints, and parts lists.
- Proven technical skills ideally gained through relevant experience.
- General technical knowledge in fluid power technology, AC/DC circuits, and electro/mechanical devices.