Why work with us?
Life at ehealth Africa means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Summary: The Logistics Manager (LM) oversees the planning, detailed design, and delivery of quality logistics/ procurement services and products across eHA. Plans, directs, coordinates and implements all Logistics policies and procedures for a large, high volume, multi-functional Logistics Program in eHA. S/he works collaboratively with relevant stakeholders to analyze and refine requirements, suggests improvement to processes to increase effectiveness for all country procurement & logistics activities. Oversees total responsibility for activities of all distribution facilities, configurations, transportation and distribution support. The LM ensures compliance with the procurement & Logistics regulations of all of the countries where eHA operates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors full compliance of procurement activities with eHealth Africa Procurement Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations, relevant Organizational Policies, donor regulations, if and when required. Ensures effective use of internal Standard Operating Procedures in procurement, control of the workflows. Makes recommendations for developing or revising internal procurement plans and procedures.
- Serves as subject Matter Expert (SME) for all procurement processes. Analyzes procurement requirements and selects the most appropriate methods based on interpretation and assessment of established laws, policies, practices, and procedures. Establishes Long Term Agreement (LTA) for commonly required services.
- Takes control of all procurement projects ensuring that all planned timelines are maintained. Coordinates with relevant staff for the procuring of computer equipment, network systems, telecommunication and general office equipment, furnishings, supplies and miscellaneous services.
- Monitors and reviews progress of contractual agreements, reviews and approves invoices for payment; resolves any problems that arise; performs post contract evaluations; creates and maintains procurement records, including electronic records, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data.
- Develop the logistics strategy for the organization. Lead the development of pricing strategies and negotiations of price and service levels with customers. Identify and manage risk within the logistics activities.
- Checks that Request for Quotations (RFQs), Purchase Requisition (PR) and Bid Analysis Statement (BASs), receipt of quotations, bids or proposals are followed up in the correct manner. Randomly reviews and verifies purchase orders for goods, contracts for services and works. Updates Vendor Information Sheets (VIS) as required and ensures that supplier quality and performance measures are completed
- Develop and implement profit improvement plans and change management plans. Lead the development of pricing strategies and negotiations of price and service levels with customers.
- Ensures that all Procurement policies and protocols are adhered to. These procedures will have the corresponding administrative follow up completed. Maintains up to date knowledge of related procurement laws and regulations for private procurement.
- Supervises stockroom management practices, in order to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss. Implements a PI (Perpetual Inventory) practice in order to assist the annual stock take.
- Reviews the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, Manages contractor and subcontractor activities, reviewing proposals, developing performance specifications, and serving as a liaison with the organizations.to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date asset registers to minimize fraud or misuse of equipment or materials. Implements a FEFO (First Expire, First Out) or FIFO (First In, First Out) practice, which ever suits the current stockholding.
- Manages logistics procurement transactions filing system. Support the development of logistics based training materials and technical manuals
- Keeps abreast of logistics technology advances, and apply the appropriate technology in order to improve logistics processes Attends and participates in professional associations, meetings, seminars, conferences and trainings to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of Logistics and procurement.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Logistics staff.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Management, Logistics, Procurement or related field. Bachelor's degree from college or university in Administration, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years professional related experience in Logistics, Procurement and supply chain preferably within NGO/ healthcare managing diverse procurement and logistics operations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain management, procurement, customer and personal service, transportation principles and methods.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and adhere to business-critical deadlines. Strong organizational, numerical, problem-solving and analytical skills required. Experience working in a face-to-face customer service environment.
- Demonstrate expertise in registration, financing and leasing processes across various markets.
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Ability to work with multiple areas within organization to get business objectives, and software requirements etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Good learning ability. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
Certifications and Licenses
- Supply Chain and Logistic Certification.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, (including Excel).
- Proficiency working within Specialized logistics/asset software. Ability to operate in business systems. Must be well versed in data manipulation to provide direction to team on analyzing spend and assessing inventory.
- Demonstrated expertise with document based databases.
Language/ Communication Skills
- English is the spoken and written language so English fluency is required; French is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent writing ability, strong interpersonal, group facilitation and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.