Following tremendous growth in SCI office of Nigeria these past years (2010 to 2015), there has been a demand for more resources which in the end need more robust structure to manage to ensure donor compliant. The assets and inventory/Archiving consultant is required to assist in verifying the classification and archiving of assets documents (assets tracker, assets ID and ensuring all offices of SCI Nigeria have up to date list of trackable assets at all times).
To precisely ensure good classification of assets, documentations and recommending archiving of assets related documents, advise SCI on the MOST suitable system suited for our needs and to classify and track our assets nationwide according to donor demands. Update and verify existing Assets/Inventory register based on SCI guidelines ensuring all assets and inventory ID, are identified by donor, date and purchase price. Make recommendations for archiving of assets/inventory records
The consultant will have to perform the following tasks:
• Work with Logistics, programs, Admin support, Finance and HR staff to conduct physical verification of all assets in SCI mission of Nigeria.
• Sort and register all assets according to donor codes, financial codes, project codes, accounting codes, source of funds codes;
• To improve SCI master register system to be in compliant with our financial records and make it a living documents to be handed over to the head of Logistics/Warehouse/Assets Assistant.
• Work with Logistics, Programs, Finance and Admin staff to Identify all assets/or attractive items without missing any.
• Sort and classify all assets and General Program Equipment as per the SCI master assets register.Verify and report on variances identified. Make necessary recommendations to resolve discrepancies, and update the asset register.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all information related to the asset. Information includes but is not limited to:
i. Asset ID number,
ii. Description of the item,
iii. Name of supplier,
iv. Make and/or Model,
v. Serial Number,
vi. Original Value,
vii. Date of Acquisition,
viii. Staff Responsible for the Assets
ix. Donor Codes (SOF,DEA etc.)
x. Life span of asset
i) Ensure the accurate tracking of existing fixed assets and physical verification Confirming the accuracy and completeness of asset records Reviewing, documenting and improving existing guidelines and instructions for all fixed asset related processes.
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of information in fixed asset register
i. Reviewing compliance with accounting and SCI policies and making correction where necessary.
• Support the strategic assets management function during the period of reference. Activities include but are not limited to:
i. Making recommendations on improvement of asset utilization and disposal;
ii. Reviewing and updating standard costs to be applied in the system of records for fixed asset acquisitions;
· Ensure all the assets column lists are filled and all needed records put in place.
· Create ID cards as per the SCI standard for all assets and ensure all users or assigned staff/partners/consultants etc sign for them.
· Visit each office of SCI in Nigeria and check all assets and reference, confirm/verify with SCI master register of assets.
Visit Crown agents and get all data related to assets purchased under CDGP/DFID.
Visit to each and every office of SCI/Partners of SCI and ensure thorough verifications of all assets with their serial numbers, donor reference numbers, SCI ID card numbers, models, brands, insurance covers and labels etc.
All assets in the mission reviewed and captured in SCI electronic system (assets register)
All assets have ID cards and proper filing systems at all SCI locations in Nigeria - Abuja, Zamfara, Kaduna, Katsina, Borno, Gombe, Lagos, Bauchi, Jigawa, Kebbi etc.
All programs have a living document/tracker for all assets as per donor or SCI format .
All laptops are entered into the system and tracking put in place, each with ID cards.
Provide a comprehensive list of DFID assets in Abuja, Katsina, Kebbi and Zamfara by July 31st, 2015.
Working in collaboration with Crown Agents, ACF and SCI in regards to DFID funded assets processes and procedures put in place and well tracked.
Systems reviewed and each field office and Abuja office taught how to ensure sustaining the system put in place.
Ensure all Assets are entered with their costs as per donor currency in the donor tracking sheets.
Verify all assets and classify as need for disposal or need for use (recommend status)
Knowledge/education/Experience of using excel/software in dealing inventories and assets for a large and complex organization
• Excellent organizational, analytical skills and attention to detail • Good presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to adhere to the SCI Code of Conduct and other key policies
Kindly send your Proposals, Sample of Previous Works Done and C.V and qualifying statements to: Nigeria.OperationsVacancy@savethechildren.org on or before July 13, 2015explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!!