Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
The ideal candidate will be responsible to ensure maximum possible service availability and performance as well as provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams
· Identify, categorize and respond to network problems i.e. perform root cause analysis on network problems
· Manage changes, upgrades, improvements and integrations.
· Monitor and maintain network and associated software, including responding to tickets.
· Work with other departments, contractors and staff to ensure network operations.
· Installation of network hardware and software.
· Other related duties as assigned.
3+ years’ experience in an operational support role on GSM Telecommunications Network, experience with IT/LAN/WAN in an operations or service management environment, troubleshooting network elements, protocols, services, and transport layer problems.
A good bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or any related discipline and relevant Microsoft Certification.
· Tier 1 escalation engineer that will provide technical support on a team that provides operational support and NOC style monitoring to multiple remote customers all over the world.
· Will be go-to point person other engineers can escalate complex network problems to.
· Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with teams and on own without supervision.
· Strong EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP routing protocol experience.
· Strong troubleshooting skills in multi-vendor data centre environments.
· Strong knowledge of LAN switching protocols and technologies (VTP, STP, and vPC)
· Knowledge of management protocols: SNMP, NTP, Syslog, DNS, SSH, Telnet
· Demonstrate a willingness to transfer knowledge and coordinate with Tier 2 and 3 engineers.
· Experience working with a global team with many diverse members.
· Demonstrate industry awareness and knowledge of current networking trends.
· Strong written and communication skills.
· Experience in Installation & commissioning of Cisco Routers and Switches.
· Good Networking skills
· Field Experience is mandate.
· Monitoring & troubleshooting of Cisco Router and Switches.
· Basic Linux/UNIX skills
· CCNA / ITIL certified preferred.
· Research Skills
· Be Resourceful
· Ability to think out of the box
· Ability to support a variety of technologies and systems independently, resolve problems and pro-actively communicate solutions.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Exhibit a thorough approach to quality issues and documentation.
· Good sense of customer orientation and team working
· Demonstrated desire and ability to effectively learn new technology-committed to continuous learning and development on the job through self-study and formal courses.
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.