Mercy Corps, An International Humanitarian Organisation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a very strategic position. We are looking for a motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about the work we do and is looking to work within a dynamic team.
The Protection Officer will be responsible for the implementation of protection and gender project activities and protection mainstreaming in Mercy Corps northeast Nigeria program portfolio. S/he will assist in strengthening the organizational capacity toaddress protection risks in the context of northeast Nigeria. S/he will have responsibility for the implementation of strategies and activities developed to address and mitigate protection risks. S/he will work extensively with other sectors to ensure that protection principles are being incorporated into all program activities to strengthen the integrated nature of Mercy Corps’ work.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
• 35 years of professional experience in protection programming (both stand alone and mainstreaming) or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong understanding of protection principles, likely protection concerns and conflict sensitivity in the context of northeast Nigeria.
• Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
• Demonstrated training and facilitation experience
• Ability to work under pressure
• Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
• Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
• Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
• Fluency in English; Fluency in Hausa is required
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit CV and Cover Letter, addressing the position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submission deadline: 20 July, 2015. All applications must include the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity organization and we encourage women to apply to these positions.