If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is pleased to announce the following vacancy for suitably qualified Nigerian candidates as follows:
VN No. VN-NGR - 25 June 2015 - 52
Title of the Post: Senior Procurement Assistant
Type of Appointment: Temporary Appointment (TA)
Duty Station: Abuja
Purpose of the Post:
Under the direct supervision of Supply Manager the incumbent will be responsible for effective planning, contracting, procurement, distribution, and inventory management of UNICEF's supplies, in support of the Country Programmes and operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide rapid and relevant assistance and support to evolving supply needs and situations facing children and families, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving value for money.
- Support supply planning through coordination with Operations/Programme Sections. Provides technical support in preparation of appropriate documents, and input on specifications and supply and logistics arrangements, facilitating cost-effective efficient procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Implement sound, accurate procurement management systems, procedures and documentation as well as regular, accurate reporting to maintain the highest level of integrity, standards and accountability.
- Maintain effective working relations and contact with the Supply Division, to confer on supply policies and procedures. Support in preparation of Sales Orders, Requisitions, and Purchase Orders. Support in raising of RFP/RFQ/ITB, circulation of same, arrange bid opening; serves as focal person for preparation of bid tabulation. Serves as the focal person on CRC submission draft, submission to the secretariat and ensuring filling documents.
- Conduct and monitor effective procurement local, regional and/or offshore, with a goal to attain lowest cost without sacrificing quality as applicable. Undertake field visits to project sites for supply monitoring. Maintain data on and evaluate local supply sources' overall performance, report quality issues with respect to supplies and/or service agreements.
- Team with the Programme Section and other members of the Operations Section and Field Office Supply Colleagues to facilitate procurement and other duties as required.
Qualifications and Competencies required:
- Completion of Secondary education, preferable university degree/National Diploma or equivalent from a recognized Institute in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial Law or in directly related areas of specialization, including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting. Or, a recognized qualification in procurement and contracting.
- Seven years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, with specialized experience in purchasing a variety of materials and services. Experience with computer databases for the maintenance of procurement records. Fluency in English and knowledge of the local language of the duty station.
Method of Application
Candidates interested in the above position should submit his/her application, accompanied by updated CV in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form, (which can be downloaded from our website) to the email address below on or before Friday, 10 July, 2015. Email: email@example.com
Please put the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply. Zero tolerance of sexual abuse and exploitation is our policy.