Strengthening Partnerships, Results and Innovations in Nutrition (SPRING) is a five-year (2012 - 2016) cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to provide state-of-the-art technical support and facilitate country-led, regional, and global programs to improve the nutritional status of women and children. The SPRING implementation team consists of JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., Helen Keller International (HKI), the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Save the Children (SC), and The Manoff Group (TMG). USAID Nigeria has provided field support funding to the SPRING Project to work in the Lagos State with a focus on infant and young child feeding (IYCF) training packages and technical assistance (TA) that supports development of a national Social and Behavioral Change and Communication (SBCC) strategy.
The Finance Assistant will assist in the day to day carrying out of all financial operations under the supervision of the Accountant.
- Administration of office petty cash including vouchers and checks and ensures funds spent are adequately justified;
- Writes checks, check confirmations and deposits at the bank;
- Maintenance of a proper filing system for all records and updating soft and hard copied data base information for the office;
- Assist in posting transactions into the office accounts software;
- Support any finance functions assigned by the Country of Party, Finance Manager or Accountant.
The Finance Assistant shall also carry out the following specific tasks:
- Enter data into financial accounting software on daily basis.
- Ensure Core Costs are correctly entered in the
- Deal with retirement of advances, in particular:
- Verify/ check calculation on receipts;
- Verify/ assign accounting codes;
- Assign sequential reference to each transaction for cross checking in the Accounting systems and receipts;
- Enter financial transactions daily in the Accounting system;
- Verify and file receipts and other work papers;
- Check the accounting records for accuracy and correct as necessary;
- Assist in maintaining files and updating finance records.
- Assist the administration in the preparation of office running budget.
- Collaborate with the Accountant, Finance and Admin Manager and Project Coordinators to create the budgets new projects.
- Assist in country audit as needed.
- Work in collaboration with Procurement Officer
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Finance Manager or Accountant.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Proper maintenance of financial and office records and correspondences;
- Timely preparation and submission of expense claims, reports and documents;
- Accurate review of request and claims before processing of payments by finance department;
- Ability to use computer packages such as Microsoft office, the Internet and office equipments such as printers, photocopiers, scanners and so on;
- Ability to work under pressure and able to meet up deadlines;
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and must be a good team player;
- Able to work comfortably with numbers.
- Minimum of HND or BSc in Accounting, Banking and Finance or Business Admin; or any Finance related course
- Minimum of 1year experience.
Method of Application
Interested persons should submit: cover letter and current curriculum vitae to the following email address email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 17th July 2015. Kindly make “SPRING FINANCE ASSISTANT the subject. All correspondence should include physical and e-mail addresses as well as contact telephone number(s). Only E-mail applications will be accepted and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.