Productiion Competency Assurance Consultant at WTS Energy
Posted on: 8 July, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at WTS Energy
About the job
WTS Energy is currently looking for a Productiion Competency Assurance Consultant to work in Nigeria on rotation. The client is an E&P operator.
Oversee the effective co-ordination, delivery and deployment of integrated programmes of competence based training for Production Operations and Maintenance field staff to successfully become skilled in gas plant operation. Provide instruction, guidance and support to field staff. Assess staff performance against agreed standards and coordinate internal/external verification process. Ensure training success through effective identification of training needs, delivery and evaluation of training to ensure business compliance and staff development.
(Describe the important end results of the job, i.e., what has to be achieved and why. Start with the most important and number each one separately)
- Identify individual staff competence gaps for the existing and new gas plant at Oben gas plant facilities and provide learning needs through assessment and observation to meet the business objectives and targets of client.
- Develop and deliver training plan in accordance with specific site and facility requirements to build staff confidence and competence to operate the facilities to enhance production efficiency
- Interact with Contractors and Field Operations Manager to get the right exposure of field staff on a day to day basis to enhance production efficiency by assigning daily activities to individual staff based on identified gaps.
- Identify opportunities to improve the learning experience of the staff and implement innovative solutions as part of business improvement initiative
- Deliver appropriate training assessment sessions and ensure that staff are trained to a level to confidently apply for external certification, e.g. IVQ/ NVQ as part of staff career development plan.
- Guide, explain and clarify technical issues/problems associated with operating and maintaining the gas facilities to ensure staff progress is kept on track as part of business improvement strateg
- Comply with Operating standards and procedures in execution of assigned activities. Participate in the monthly HSE meeting and daily tool box meeting. Supervise the staff in the learning environment and having regard for HSE and safe working practices to reduce the risk of incident during operation.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of learning programmes. Assess and provide feedback to staff against their performance and progress weekly.
- Liaise with awarding bodies (e.g. City & Guilds) and undertake learning activities to ensure staff fulfil the requirements of awarding bodies
- Provide monthly reports on the progress and achievement of staff while on training to Ag. General Manager, Corporate Production & Maintenance Manager and HR Capability & Training Manager.
- 10 years minimum experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Previous West Africa experience preferred.
- Direct operator experience preferred
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WTS EnergySimilar Jobs
- Trainer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Exploration Geophysicist at Onstream Group
- Latest Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician/Mechanic at WTS Energy
- Senior Consultant - Project Management & Control at Statoil (Nigeria) Limited
- Job Vacancy at Aldelia Limited
- Head, Trade Finance and Accounts at an Oil and Gas Services Company
- Senior Installation Engineer at Subsea 7