If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The U.S. Embassy is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the position of:
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The incumbent supervises the embassy expeditors as they perform general expediter services of all U.S agencies personnel represented at post including their dependents, U.S Grantees, TDY and VIP visitors. This position schedule the travel expeditors to assist arriving and departing passengers. She/he may be required to work at night, weekends and holidays.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in the travel industry, of which at least two years in a supervisory position is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Knowledge of airline reservation and ticketing procedures and thorough knowledge of Nigeria’s relevant contact Agencies; Nigerian Federal Airport Authority (FAAN); Nigerian Customs and Immigration clearing procedures, rules, regulation and familiarity with airlines check-in procedures is required.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel packages. Level one
- typing ability (less than 40 words per minute) is required.
- Incumbent must have good customer service and a valid professional driver’s license.
Method of Application
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
OR - Ordinarily Resident - N3,154,846 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor - Not Ordinary Resident AEFM - US$36,353 EFM/MOH - US$31,301 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov