|GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.|
The Project Director will be responsible for providing leadership to a large regional team ensuring customer satisfaction, financial performance, and technical leadership for the success of the portfolio of power generation projects with scope ranging from single unit equipment only to multi-unit, multi-site, full turnkey fast track projects. Ultimately driving and growing a portfolio of projects from contract signing to commercial operation in the region.
- Actively manage the Projects during all phases of the project lifecycle including engineering, manufacturing, shipping and delivery, installation, commissioning, commercial operation and contract closeout
- Customer contact responsible for resolving technical / commercial issues, managing communications, providing periodic updates and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Ensure the project is delivered on time, in compliance with contract requirements, standards of quality, safety and to Customer and GE expectations
- Overall owner and responsible manager for coordinating GE Energy functional teams including engineering, manufacturing, sourcing, logistics, finance, parts and services necessary to meet the project needs.
- Manage technical and commercial risk including contract changes, margin erosion, receivables, liquidated damages / claims and effective project closeout.
- Be responsible for project financial performance of the portfolio.
- Be a leader for overall project cost control and margin enhancement
- Identify Create margin enhancement opportunities via Contract Change Order for additional equipment and services
- Ensure timely financial performance driving past dues and cash collections.
- Lead project team in presentation of project reviews in order to identify and manage risks, monitor financial and operational performance against the project baseline and initiate corrective action where appropriate.
- Participate in six sigma / quality improvement activities for the purpose of improving project execution quality and customer satisfaction
- Travel in support of project meetings (domestic and international)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Multi-lingual (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, or other regional languages) Strong process focus / mindset; experience with project management processes and best practices Experience in working with customers at senior levels, and with leading negotiations and settlements Demonstrated leadership skills, and experience with leading a diverse team with members in remote offices Flexible and willing to travel (international) approx 25% or more as needed Flexible to support meetings and conferences accommodating multiple time zones Green belt certified (GE only)
Job Segments: Project Manager, Engineer, Claims, Manager, Energy, Technology, Engineering, Insurance, Management
The Local Customer Team (LCT) Installation Leader will lead the Installation and Project Management team within the LCT. He/She will own projects backlog execution on time, within budget and within scope and quality constraints. He/She shall drive medical equipment delivery, installation, testing acceptance and sales transfers for West Central Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, Angola)
1. Ensure sound Project Management methodologies are utilized to manage the 3 corner stones of projects: 1) Scope, 2) Cost and 3) Schedule
2. Accountable for proper handover from the Commercial Sales team, including detailed review and alignment of T&C’s, scope and customer request date
3. Conduct internal kick off meetings for all projects, including risk assessments and defining quality toll gates
4. Conduct external kick off meetings with customers for large or complex projects
5. Visits customer sites weekly
6. Ensures a process is in place and drives proper closure of all projects including 100% of snag/punch list items to ensure timely cash collection
7. Drives customer satisfaction; builds strong customer realtions
8. Ensures a process is in place for proper projects documentation with easy access by all stakeholders
9. Manage supplier relationship, drives price productivity and cost out strategies in alignment with the Sourcing organization
10. Visibility drives safe working conditions at customer sites during installations.
11. Support the commercial team with cost estimates during the offering/tendering phase
12. Ensures forecast accuracy of project delivery schedules and budgets
13. Responsible for coaching team members to deliver high performance and promote GE’s Growth Values
Quality, Safety and Compliance responsibilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of all Global Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare HIPPA Guidelines, NEMA Regulations, etc.) and operates within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int’l Law is broken.
- Knowledge and understanding of all Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int’l Law is broken.
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
- B.Sc in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and/or a Business School degree (MBA)
- 8+ years experience in a Lead/Director Project Manager role
- Installations experience - wing to wing management from equipment arrival to set up at customer site
- Must have experience managing customers
- Must have experience managing and leading multiple projects, assessing risks and managing appropriately
- Project Management Certification
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Customer/Field experience
- People Management
- Team Player
- Leadership & Coaching
- Fluent in English
- Committed to deliver
- Knowledge of GE Healthcare Products & Equipment Sales business
- Customer Satisfaction Oriented
- Able to work in matrix environment
- Problem Solving expertise
- Understanding of Financial Data
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Radiology equipment experience
- Transportation & Customs business knowledge
- Ability to implement Change to increase team performance
- ISO knowledge to lead local procedures for Equipment Business
- Best Practices Sharing
- COBRA, FORCE, CALYPSO
- Green Belt trained
Job Segments: Installer, Engineer, Electrical, Radiology, Quality Manager, Manufacturing, Engineering, Healthcare, Quality
The Quality Manager will be responsible for establishing and implementing the Quality Management System for the GE Oil & Gas Subsea Services Organization and for ensuring that all operations within the Region are integrated into this system. The Quality Manager acts as the focal point for all Quality Assurance matters within the Region and provides leadership throughout the organization with regards to the development of, and compliance with, processes.
The Manager - Quality demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
· Plan, organize, implement and direct the application of assigned human and material resources to assure delivery of products and services that meet established requirements and fulfills the customer’s needs and expectations
· Maximize the use of assigned resources to assist GE in meeting its quality, schedule and profit objectives
· Establish goals, work plans, and budgets such that lowest cost and highest quality results are achieved
· Assure that Regional activities comply with GE policies and procedures, applicable government regulations and contractual requirements
· Plan and deliver the audit programme evaluating conformance to quality plans, systems, and requirements
· Analyze performance trends and establish improvement programmes
· Provide quality plans to establish and define the controls necessary for compliance with specified requirements
- Manage the calibration of measuring and test equipment used in product and service fulfillment
· Assure satisfaction of customer quality needs; establish programs to monitor and answer Customer Complaints and to initiate corrective and preventive actions
· Develop and maintain a communication plan to provide employees with adequate information concerning business goals and objectives
· Direct generic process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organization
· Select, hire, train, and provide ongoing leadership of assigned personnel to meet schedules, quality and measurements, and organizational goals
· Manage generic process programs and lead area in pursuit of state of the art technology and processes that will enhance organization’s productivity
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
· At least 5 additional years of experience in quality system planning and quality improvement methods
· Prior experience in a leadership role to cross-functional teams in the quality / process improvement environment
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in the development of quality management systems in accordance with ISO 9001 and API Q1
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
· Ability to lead teams or projects achieving desired results on schedule
· Expertise in Quality Control concepts and their application
A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Relevant postgraduate/MSc degree will be an added advantage.
Job Segments: Quality, Engineer, Lean Six Sigma, Quality Manager, Customer Service, Engineering, Management
Site engineering manager will partner with business associates across Africa to deliver large scale enterprise networking solutions. In addition provides
day to day support to BlueSky roll out, then incremental adds and manage OBS BlueSky relationship in Africa (Sub Saharan + North Africa).
o Partner with business associates across Africa to support large scale enterprise networking solutions meeting the critical needs of a workforce of >300,000 employees in >160 countries
o Implement network solutions based on company network standards to solve enterprise challenges including distributing workloads across multiple public and private cloud environments, and an increasingly externally connected workforce
o Act as customer interface to our service providers in Africa to ensure providers are delivering network services according to Corporate IT agreed SLA’s.
o Act as point of contact for all network build projects in Africa and provide status updates of these projects to GE business and Corporate IT management.
o Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization including SMEs, Principal Technologist, CTO, CIOs, etc
o Review new design and architecture standards and provide input to enhance quality and ensure standards can be operationalized.
o Provide subject matter expertise in all Network services to support the GE business teams in Africa. Able to gather and communicate regional needs to global network teams
o Partner with the businesses and teams to provide cost effective network solutions meeting business requirements and company strategic direction for networks. Provide direct technical and engineering project support to the GE businesses for their specific local and global requirements.
o Actively manage and oversee large/complex network build projects like campus, HQ and manufacturing sites as well as support acquisitions, divestures and integration projects.
o Review as-is and to-be network drawings for adherence to standards. Work with Design/Build and Run team on AI running rules for what non-standard network designs would be supported by Run.
o Be responsible for large program implementations (like voice/video/site audits) between ISS and business teams
o Represent network build team on network standards & NxI’s projects.
o Work with IT Risk/BU security teams for any network build projects that require security sign off.
o Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university or relevant experience
o Minimum 7 years of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure at a Fortune 500 company
o Minimum 5 years of experience in a primary program management role in network infrastructure area.
o Must be willing to work out of a Corporate IT Office Location
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
o Cisco Certifications such as CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CISSP, CCDE. Similar certifications in areas related to network virtualization or internetworking solutions also a plus o Project management certification such as PRINCE2, PMP o Leverages communication and collaboration to solve problems with global peers across various functions
Job Segments: Network, Program Manager, Engineer, Cisco, Computer Science, Technology, Management, Engineering
The Commercial Controllership Leader provides guidance to both finance and operations leaders for a specialist area within controllership, and/or support to Africa regional controller as well as to Senior Assistant controller.
- Ensuring that Terms and Conditions of GEHC Sales Contracts don’t impose any risks, liabilities those are not approved (Policy
- Monitoring and increasing the effectiveness of the controls for the T&C reviews and their approvals
- Working with the Commercial Teams to pro-actively assess and manage the risks of the existing contracts’ backlog (Policy
- Coordinating with the EAGM and the Global Teams in the areas of Commercial Contracting
- Partnering with the regions to create Dashboards to monitor the Contractual Risks in Afrıca
- Standardization of the Accounting of the Contractual Obligations for consistency on the Financial Statements
- Working with the local finance teams, HR and Commercial Teams to account properly for the Variable Compensation Plans
- Standardizing and monitoring the accounting of Commercial Reserves accross the legal entities considering the applicable policies
- Working with internal and external auditors to address to the issues in the area commercial controllership
- Participate and provide input into GE Healthcare simplification initiatives
- Identify potential risks & opportunities & and communicate effectively
- Interpret finance risks & opportunities to local circumstances & present workable solutions
1. Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or other business related field and minimum 8-10 years progressive accounting or finance experience
2. Demonstrated proficiency in U.S. GAAP and local GAAP
3. CPA / CA or GE Corporate Audit Staff
4. Familiarity with Oracle, SAP or any other ERP systems
5. Experience working in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
7. Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
8. Ability to work with databases in order to pull the required details,
9. Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas
10. Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
11. Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
12. Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills
13. Experience working in a matrixed environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Job Segments: Database, Oracle, ERP, Accounting, SAP, Technology, Finance
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.