Jobs at Catholic Relief Services
Posted on: 15 March, 2012
Deadline: 30 March, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the official agency of the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops for relief and development assistance overseas.
Job Title: Head of Unit Agriculture and Economic Growth
Department: Programming/Agriculture and Growth
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports To: Head of programs
Duration: 24 months with the possibility of extension
The HoU will be responsible for leading the strategic development and management of programs that economically empower vulnerable populations. The HoU will design and manage programs that address constraints to small-scale agriculture productivity and provide technical assistance to very poor farmers and their households to improve production and increase income. Interventions may also include strengthening of producer and processing groups household support in savings and lending as well as nutrition and supporting improved systems for public and private provision of inputs. The HoU will work in partnership with local civil society organizations and state agriculture development programs throughout the country.
The HoU will be responsible for overall management of agriculture and economic growth programs; will provide strategic and operational leadership to develop and implement successful programs; and will represent CRS/Nigeria to multiple donors and the Government of Nigeria. The HoU will report to the Head of Programs and will maintain close liaison with relevant Regional Technical Advisors and the CRS All Africa Agriculture Team. The HoU will ensure adherence to CRS technical and program quality standards in implementation and the timely submission of all required deliverables to all donors.
1. Minimum Masters Degree in Agriculture. PhD highly preferred.
2. Minimum 10 years of international development experience with light to moderately complex projects.
3. Minimum 5 years managing significant USG-funded programs required.
4. Knowledge of key USG regulations including but not limited to USAID 22 CF Part 226 Administration of Assistance Awards to U.S. Non-Governmental Organizations. 22 CFR Part 145 Grants and Agreements with Non-Profits. OMS Circulars A-122. Cost principles for non-profit organizations and A-133 Audit of states. local governments. and non-profits preferred.
5. Proven leadership and inter-personal skills and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams.
6. Proven experience in small and medium enterprise development. marketing and creating market linkages.
7: Proven experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages required.
8. Demonstrated commitment to improving gender equality and gender responsiveness in programming and operations.
9 Experience with participatory methods and partnerships required. Demonstrated capacity and experience with institutional strengthening of local civil society and government agencies.
10. Public relations skills required.
11. Proven ability to think strategically.
12. Flexibility to work both in a team and independently.
13. Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility.
14. Demonstrated personal accountability and driven to serve others.
15. Understanding of and experience with faith-based organizations local church structures. and accompaniment and capacity-building principles in local partnerships highly desired.
16. Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required.
17. Excellent English language oral and written communication skills required.
18. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word. Excel and Outlook required.
19. Nigerian nationals preferred.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should request for application forms from firstname.lastname@example.org fill the forms and send back to the same address along with fl detailed CV as attached MS Word documents. Completed applications should reach us before 5pm. 30 March, 2012. Only applications sent in the required format will be considered.
“CRS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualitied women are especially encouraged to apply"
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Catholic Relief ServicesSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Openings at CBM International
- Latest Job Vacancies at Mercy Corps
- Logistics Vacancy at Secours Islamique France (SIF)
- Latest Jobs at Palladium Group
- Latest Job Opening at The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
- Procurement Coordinator at Save the Children Nigeria
- Job Vacancy at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Job Opportunity at Abt Associates