Vacancy at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 7 July, 2015
Deadline: 20 July, 2015
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Lantern Books
Literamed Publications Nig. Ltd, est. 1969, is Nigeria's leading Children's book publisher. Its imprint, "Lantern books" is now a household name in Nigeria and West Africa.
Literamed has in its stable over 400 titles of books for Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary and Literature texts for different age ranges, all widely accepted in Nigerian Schools.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Collaborate with marketing and creative director to cbuild attractive, compelling designs while maintaining visual consistency and brand identity
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail
- Prioritize and design marketing materials
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and create conceptually driven, best-in-class solutions.
- Researching design and branding trends
- Possess expert understanding of multimedia design and experience building files for both print and digital
- Create a huge variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, computer games, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, i.e. giving organizations a visual 'brand';
- Dissecting working files and picking up where other designers have left off
- Creating dynamic web/interactive layouts with highly organized PSD files
- Work as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, web developers and marketing specialists.
Nice To Haves:
- Familiar with multiple social media platforms - including consuming and using them
- Photography and videography skills are a plus, but not required.
- Illustrating vector graphics at a high-level
- Worked in a publishing house
- Developed materials for kids
- B.Sc/H.N.D in Graphic Design or Web Design or any other discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design.
- A strong portfolio displaying examples of work across digital and print.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and all of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well in a remote environment.
- Must be pro-active self-starter with the ability to be provide creative work with many options to choose from.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the Real Estate industry a plus.
- Motivated, self-starter that is willing to take ownership of a wide variety of projects in a collaborative startup environment
- Demonstrates consistent brand/visual elements across web, print, and social media
- Proficient in Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Create well organized and easy to manipulate illustrations
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills Strong research and analytical skills
- Be extremely detail-oriented
- Be able to make critical decisions resourcefully
- Possess a good understanding of how the web is built, enough to completely talk through it
- Be able to learn and/or problem solve quickly
- Have 2-3 years of experience as an interactive creative professional (agency environment desirable)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Lantern BooksSimilar Jobs
- Female Reporter/Presenter Specialist at Maxima Productions Company
- Security Men at a Leading National Newspaper
- Head Of Human Resource at MultiChoice
- Jobs at a Reputable Radio Station
- Music Teacher at Orpheus Company Limited
- Graduate Web Developer Trainee Recruitment at KJK.COM.NG
- Psychologist at DM Holdings (DMH)
- Media Jobs at Concise News