Vacancy at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 7 July, 2015
Deadline: 20 July, 2015
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Lantern Books
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Literamed Publications Nig. Ltd, est. 1969, is Nigeria's leading Children's book publisher. Its imprint, "Lantern books" is now a household name in Nigeria and West Africa.
Literamed has in its stable over 400 titles of books for Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary and Literature texts for different age ranges, all widely accepted in Nigerian Schools.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Collaborate with marketing and creative director to cbuild attractive, compelling designs while maintaining visual consistency and brand identity
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail
- Prioritize and design marketing materials
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and create conceptually driven, best-in-class solutions.
- Researching design and branding trends
- Possess expert understanding of multimedia design and experience building files for both print and digital
- Create a huge variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, computer games, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, i.e. giving organizations a visual 'brand';
- Dissecting working files and picking up where other designers have left off
- Creating dynamic web/interactive layouts with highly organized PSD files
- Work as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, web developers and marketing specialists.
Nice To Haves:
- Familiar with multiple social media platforms - including consuming and using them
- Photography and videography skills are a plus, but not required.
- Illustrating vector graphics at a high-level
- Worked in a publishing house
- Developed materials for kids
- B.Sc/H.N.D in Graphic Design or Web Design or any other discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design.
- A strong portfolio displaying examples of work across digital and print.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and all of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well in a remote environment.
- Must be pro-active self-starter with the ability to be provide creative work with many options to choose from.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the Real Estate industry a plus.
- Motivated, self-starter that is willing to take ownership of a wide variety of projects in a collaborative startup environment
- Demonstrates consistent brand/visual elements across web, print, and social media
- Proficient in Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Create well organized and easy to manipulate illustrations
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills Strong research and analytical skills
- Be extremely detail-oriented
- Be able to make critical decisions resourcefully
- Possess a good understanding of how the web is built, enough to completely talk through it
- Be able to learn and/or problem solve quickly
- Have 2-3 years of experience as an interactive creative professional (agency environment desirable)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Lantern BooksSimilar Jobs
- Sales Executives at Business Day Newspaper
- Fresh Jobs at Cornerstone Media
- Job Openings at The Awareness Media Limited
- Senior Programmes Producer at TVC Communications
- Job Opportunities at the BBC World Service
- Job Vacancies at R-Wells Media & Advertising
- Sales Executives at Daily Trust Newspaper
- Latest Jobs at Terragon Group