If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
Roles and Responsibilities
URC is seeking qualified candidates to lead a major potential project involving strengthening malaria case management in Nigeria. The position is based in Nigeria and is expected to be a five year assignment. The Monitoring and Evaluation Director will:
- Use the Nigeria DHS and other relevant reports as baseline, and any other inputs deemed appropriate from USAID and partners
- Provide technical guidance to partner NGOs in reviewing, updating, and dissemination norms and standards for data collection and reporting to ensure quality
- Work with USAID in developing indicators, and provide annual reports including timely inputs, outputs and quality data based indicators
- Oversee state-level M&E personnel
- Design and oversee the collection of special data (through surveys, qualitative methods, research, sentinel sites) required to improve delivery of malaria case management
- Hold primary responsibility for quality of monitoring data from the field, including use in reports and community feedback on performance; take the lead on general report production
- Supervise any data collection/analysis/evaluation activities conducted by partners and/or consultants; and assist the team with research protocols, data collection, and data analysis dissemination
- Prepare summary reports on research findings, best practices, and other relevant information
- A Master’s Degree in a social science field
- At least five years of experience in a research or another technical position
- Experience in the use of measurement methods required for monitoring and evaluation international health programs, including strong skills in quantitative and qualitative research.
- Demonstrated skills, abilities, and experiences to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge in and experience with USAID reporting requirements
- The ability to travel extensively to program locations within Nigeria and to other places as required
- Applications from Nigerian nationals highly desired
Method of Application
Please apply here
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated.Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.