Diageo is the name behind many of the World's best loved drinks including Guinness, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Baileys, Malta Guinness, J&B, Gordons Gin and Tanqueray.
Africa Regional Markets (ARM) is a Diageo business made up of over 40 markets across the breadth of Africa. The business models range from fully integrated demand and supply businesses in Ghana and Cameroun, newly integrated businesses in Ethiopia and Mozambique to Partnerships in a number of West, Central and Southern African countries and Angola.
Description Level: L5
Reports to: Corporate Communications Manager
The Internal Communications & Employee Engagement Manager works as part of the Corporate Relations department within the Company. The Corporate Relations function in Nigeria covers Corporate Relations, Corporate Sponsorships, Legal, Social Responsibility and Communications. The Internal Communications & Employee Engagement Manager is responsible for engaging one of the company’s key stakeholder groups – employees - behind the performance ambition. In so doing, the Internal Communications & Employee Engagement Manager sets the tone for the Company’s ongoing information sharing capacity with its employees.
- Consistently Deliver Great Performance
- Grow Yourself
- Find Solutions
- Manage People for Success
- Be authentic
- Specialist skills & knowledge: Comprehensive understanding of the full range of communications media and an awareness of the value of each to deliver desired messages most effectively.
- Commercial focus: Use thorough understanding of the commercial environment in which we operate to communicate key messages in ways, which create and maintain stakeholder value.
- Stakeholder management: Commitment to managing the perception and understanding of key stakeholder groups to engage them in our drive for growth.
- Reputation management: Commitment to promote and defend the Company’s reputation among its key stakeholder groups especially internally but also externally.
- Strategy development: The ability to analyze the needs and requirements of the business and to proactively identify communications solutions that have the greatest benefits.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
Manage a comprehensive employee communications strategy and plan that directly supports the business strategy, vision and values and uses a range of appropriate tools and is measurable against agreed targets. Responsible for the development, preparation and design of communication initiatives in line with plan e.g.
- Social Responsibility campaigns
- Budget Management
- Corporate Citizenship Report
- Daily business communications
- Quarterly employee communication roadshows/town halls
- Publication of all internal notices for GN and Diageo Brands Nigeria Ltd (DBNL)
- Quarterly GN magazine
- Design, prepare and rollout internal employee surveys as and when required by the business, collate feedback and use information to plan strategy.
- Be an active member of crisis teams, ensuring communication plans are up to date. Be responsible for communicating to internal audiences in times of a crisis.
- Support to other functional activities - Ensure message consistency and adoption of communication principles through building relationships with all key functions and audiences.
- Push the boundaries of communication excellence through developing new and innovative ways of engaging our people
- Implement measurement and evaluation systems for communications
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate calibre in the Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Qualification in PR, marketing or journalism at degree level
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working at a strategic level on business or brand related communications
- Proven track record of managing communication issues in a sensitive/controversial environment.
- Proven track record in communications and communication strategy development
- Capable of leading the communications planning process and facilitating broader involvement in this process.
- Exposure to influencing at senior management level
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Note: Click SEARCH OPENINGS, Select NIGERIA and then Click SEARCH.