GEC Petroleum Development Company Limited (GPDC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Global Energy Company (GEC) that was established by Joe Obiago in 1991 to deliver services to the oil and gas sector in West Africa.
Within a few years GEC established a niche for the delivery of unique technology solutions to multinational clients. See our milestones here.
GPDC is the asset owner of a diverse portfolio of Oil & Gas assets in the Niger Delta and Anambra basin of Nigeria. There are 5 blocks (3 onshore & 2 offshore) and one marginal field licensed to GPDC and her partners.
Job Type: Permanent
Org Level: Entry
Qualification: BSc. or HND in Accounting or Finance. Minimum of Second Class Upper/Upper Credit.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of work experience overall obtained from a reputable audit firm or from a well-structured corporate entity
Job Field: Finance & Accounts.
THE JOB REQUIREMENT(s):
- This Role will be responsible for the daily posting of financial transactions and also assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and periodic financial statements for the Company and its subsidiaries in a timely manner to meet relevant internal and statutory requirements.
- The holder of the role will also be responsible for preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements and carry out bank and cash runs as may be directed.
The function of the role includes but is not limited to:
- Ensure proper codification of financial transactions
- Raise Journal entries for accruals, provisions, prepayments and other end of month adjustments required to prepare correct and accurate monthly accounts
- Responsible for handling and reconciling all staff accounts, i.e cash advances, loans, exit pays and gratuities, etc
- Responsible for making monthly PAYE, Pension, WHT, VAT remittances and returns and obtaining the appropriate Receipts and Credits as applicable
- Carry out bank and cash runs as required
- Assist in the timely preparation of financial statements in both Nigerian GAAP and IFRS formats.
- Carry out monthly bank reconciliations and raise entries to clear outstanding items
- Preparation of invoices, Credit Notes and Debit Notes as may be necessary
- Ensure sign off of monthly, quarterly and annual IFRS financial statements
- Participate in year-end statutory audits
- Maintain company’s outstanding receivables and payables records
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess the knowledge of IFRS is an added advantage.
- Possess strong analytical skills,
- Be Proficient in the use of Accounting Software(s) such as SAGE etc
- Possess the ability to prepare monthly financial accounts is compulsory
- Be able to interpret financial statements
- Be able to carry out bank reconciliations
- Have an understanding of the operation & application of the Nigerian tax and Pension laws
- Possess practical knowledge of international accounting standards and practices
- Possess good report writing skills
- Be able to effectively use MS Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc
- Possess effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Interested Candidates should forward their CVs to email@example.com with the subject of the mail as “Job Application: Accounts Officer - 060715” before 17th of July, 2015.