MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
• Production and maintenance of an appropriate and up-to-date Availability Plan, which reflects the current and future needs of the business
• Production and maintenance of an appropriate and up-to-date Capacity Plan, which reflects the current and future needs of the business
• Provide advice and guidance to all other areas of the business and IT on all availability, capacity and performance related issues
• Ensure that service performance achievements meet or exceed all of their agreed performance targets, by managing the performance and capacity of both services and resources
• Assist with the diagnosis and resolution of performance- and capacity-related incidents and problems
• Assess the impact of all changes on the Capacity Plan, and the performance and capacity of all services and resources
• Modeling capacity forecasts using systems and business metrics
• Managing workload assignments across environment achieving optimal performance.
• Performing second level problem determination using monitoring and data collection tools in capacity related disciplines
• Analyzing performance data identifying bottlenecks and recommending alternative resolutions
• Producing ad hoc resource usage reports and analysis
• Initiates and develops concepts to identify system and application performance issue from planned changes to the environment prior to their move to production.
• Identify production capacity risks in time to avoid service interruption or degradation
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• At least 4 years of relevant technical IT experience
• BMC ESM tools
• Any other ESM or capacity and performance management tool knowledge will be added advantage
• At least 2 years of IT availability management
• At least 2 years of performance testing and capacity planning work experience in a technical disciplines
• Good understanding of methodologies and the impact of the technology in question (ITIL Certificate preferred)
• Broad understanding of platforms (ESM), associated products and common IT management process
• Training in UNIX fundamentals and scripting
• ESM Tool training
• Business Analysis
• Capacity Management
• BSc, BTech, BEng, HND or BArch
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.