Project Management Job at Global Profilers
Posted on: 3 July, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Global Profilers
We are a recruitment & HR consultancy company, providing a wide range of recruitment and selection services to local and international companies in Africa. Our Team of dedicated consultants offers businesses to get the right and best talent across wide range of sectors and professions.
Africa is experiencing an economic boom in all sectors. It is a dynamic as well as complex & diverse market. Our Specialized approach is backed by deep understanding of all aspects of business and industry in this challenging and growing market whilst retaining our global standards in talent acquisition and HR services.
- Work on projects which vary from small scale to large scale.
- Act as the main technical adviser for subcontractors on a construction site
- Set out (Mark the position of structures) and level the site
- Survey the site, analyze, map and conduct materials-testing with computer modelling software
- Draw up blueprints, using computer aided design (cad) packages
- Judge whether projects are workable by assessing materials, costs and time requirements
- Assess the environmental impact and risks connected to projects
- Manage, direct and monitor progress during each phase of a project
- Making sure sites meet legal guidelines, and health and safety requirements
- Check drawings and quantities and ensure that the calculations are accurate for the work
- Oversee the selection and purchase of materials for use in the construction and their value
- Plan the work and efficiently organize site facilities in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines
- Liase with any consultants and/or sub-contractors engaged in the project
- Attend regular meetings with Clients, Architects and Consultants, and keeping them informed of progress.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and also monitor the work of any subcontractors
- Oversee quality control and safety matters on the site and ensuring that regulations are kept
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may occur.
- Schedule and adjust each stage of the project to meet time and budget targets
- Deal with complaints from local people experiencing disruption due to building works.
Key Skills/ Competencies
- Ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and assess solutions
- Confident decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Project Management skills
- Ability to work within budgets and to deadlines
- Good team working skills
- Problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of health and safety issues.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree (BEng) or four-year Masters degree (MEng) in civil engineering
- Experience in building roads
- Strong Mathematics, Science and IT skills.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Global ProfilersSimilar Jobs
- Client Service/Social Media Executive at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Brand Ambassador at TalentBase
- Sales Personnel at Doheney Services Ltd
- Economist at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Latest Jobs at AFM Recruit
- Job Opening at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Secretariat Administrator at Stresert Services Limited