Career at Randstad Construction Property Engineering
Posted on: 3 July, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Randstad Construction Property Engineer
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Randstad - My client, a multidisciplinary environmental, engineering and maritime operations consultancy specializing in West African markets, they have several contracts in Nigeria in the ports and harbours sector, is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Client Side Engineer (Civil and Maritime)
Reference Number: ROBU - 998789
Job Type: Permanent
They Audit the following services:
- Maintenance and Capital Dredging to International Standards;
- Hydrographic surveys to International standards (IHO);
- Maintenance of Aids to Navigation to IMO and IALA Standards;
- Consultancy support for wreck removal.
- The work involved is a mixture of: Project Management; Technical input on maritime issues; and Business Development.
- My client has a regional headquarters in Lagos, where the representative will be based, although they will be expected to travel throughout our area of operations. They will be expected to interface with all levels of our Clients' establishment, drawing upon the knowledge of the various experts and individual project managers as required.
- My clients now wish to appoint a professionally qualified representative to oversee the Client liaison work connected with their ongoing contracts and also take the lead for future business development with our Client(s).
The Representative will:
- Act as the day to day point of contact between us and the Clients' senior staff;
- Act as the lead in providing technical and administrative support as required to the individual contracts;
- Be proactive in anticipating our Clients' needs and requirements;
- Be innovative in assisting our Client to overcome challenges whilst maximising opportunities to sustain and grow the business;
- Compile project reports, programmes and forecasts;
- Track Client invoicing and be the first contact for resolving invoicing queries and payment issues;
- Give input to new work proposals.
- The representative will report directly to the Regional Director (RD) in Lagos.
Job Description - Client Liaison Engineer
- The representative will be a graduate plus 10 years' experience and is likely to be professionally qualified or approaching same. It is likely that they will be an engineer with maritime infrastructure experience, or project manager in a maritime related field.
- Clients' Representative / Project Management;
- West Africa Experience;
- Maritime infrastructure engineering or operations background;
- Comfortable with presenting to senior management.
- Initial contract for 12 months extendable to fulltime;
- Attractive Salary paid free of Nigerian taxes;
- Plus 5% minimum bonus per annum;
- Bachelor status contract;
- Leave of three weeks per six months, with paid flight home (economy class);
- Working hours as required for the project, expected five days / week;
- Serviced shared accommodation in the Company guest house;
- Vehicle and driver for business and reasonable personal use;
- Medical insurance including repatriation cover for medical emergency;
- Initial probation period of three months, which may be extended under certain circumstances. After this, three months' notice from either party.
- Our advertisements use post-qualification experience/salary levels as a guide. However, we will consider applications from any candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to carry out the role.
- We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the country where the position is based.
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should clickhere to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Randstad Construction Property EngineeringSimilar Jobs
- Assistant Civil /Highway Engineer at Proportion Construction & Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
- Head of stores at ARBICO Plc
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineer Trainees at CMB Building, Maintenance & Investment Co. Limited (CMB)
- Drivers at DO.II Designs Ltd
- Latest Recruitment at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Job Vacancies at Mar & Mor Intergrated Services Limited
- Customer Service/Sales Representatives at Aframero Limited
- Business Development Officer at Urban Dice Designs