Berrymart Integrated Services Limited (BISL) is a Nigerian FMCG company. It is currently in the process of launching its first NAFDAC registered products – a highly consumed cookie and a British manufactured beverage - into the market, first in Lagos before embarking on ambitious growth plans for nationwide coverage and beyond.
BERRYMART is therefore looking to recruit young, talented/high potential individuals to join the team.
This role requires a rising star who has worked at one or more FMCG or Sales/Marketing companies but who is still hungry for growth. The ideal candidate is a high-energy, nothing-is-impossible individual with real on-the-ground experience. Ideally would have sold soft drinks or snacks but any kind of FMCG will do.
The candidate will be expected to set up and manage a distribution network as well as a sales team focused on the Food and Beverage channels, first for Lagos only but with a distinct possibility of promotion to a regional in addition to great financial rewards if he or she is successful at meeting and exceeding set targets during the launch phase
This role is a critical one to the company at this stage - including contributing to the product development, creating a realistic marketing plan, building a team, launching the product, tracking and reporting etc. - and candidates can expect to be “stretched” in terms of the expectations put on them but, if they are successful, they can expect to get the opportunity for
accelerated career development to the extent they are able to handle as well as some participation in any upside that comes from business growth and success.
This is truly an entrepreneurial environment with a lot of room for personal and professional growth as well as the ability to craft one’s own career path regardless of education and experience. Ideal for people who are action-oriented.
• Create the framework within which the Sales & Distribution department will work
• Contribute to creation of market entry strategy for the product
• Mapping the national F&B sales and distribution channels.
• Building a network of distributors (in conjunction with the CEO / GM Operations)
• Achieving distribution coverage and sales targets.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationship with distributors
• Provide critical input into product development and as required
• Hire high quality individuals for sales team.
• Lead, manage and motivate sales team.
• Maintain very high discipline level among sales staff
• Create a Sales & Distribution “playbook” that can be replicated in other geographies
• Provide cross-functional leadership in marketing planning and efforts
• Organize and effectively implement new products launches
• Contribute to the creation of and implement the sales plan on state and regional bases (as required)
• Deliver the objectives within the sales plan through the sales team
• Monitor all sales activities, analyze and correct variances
• Achieve unit as well as volume sales objectives
• Manage the trade, e.g. customer turnover, inventories, commercial controls etc.
• Track trade trends and competitor activities e.g. pricing, distribution, product promotions etc.
• Accurately forecast distribution and volume goals
• Develop quarterly coverage plans
• Achieve the product distribution, display and volume objectives for all assigned products
• Arrange periodic customer warehouse inspections to ensure all products in the trade are of good condition and within shelf life
• Liaise closely with the Production department
Customer Service Satisfaction:
• Maintain and enhance the number of satisfied customers
• Complete all reports as required
• Doing research, and preparing presentations and reports
• Maintain effective working relationships as required
• Conduct field visits to key customers and monitor retail outlets
• Create and develop highly effective relationships with the trade
Staff Management & Development:
• Ensure the achievement of objectives through the active participation of all direct reports / team members
• Analyze, plan and ensure the provision of training and support to ensure effective skill levels for all sales staff
• Minimum Higher National Diploma (Upper Credit) or a Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Sales/ Marketing including at least one internal promotion
• Experience successfully launching a new consumer products into the Nigerian market is an advantage
• A qualification in Marketing, Business Administration or similar subject is an advantage but not essential
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
General business skills:
• Good commercial acumen and “nose for value”
• Deep knowledge and expertise in the consumer goods sector
• Action-oriented and results-focused
• Strong demonstrated leadership and team-building ability
• Highly resourceful and innovative
• Excellent communications skills – written and verbal – for senior executive
• Team spirit
• Open and adaptable to coaching and feedback
• High level of independence
• Professionalism/Integrity – “no nonsense disciplined” mindset
• Strategic relationship-building
• Market entry strategy and execution
• Sales planning
• Distributor identification, selection and management
• Field sales force recruiting, training and management.
• Excellent advanced market research and analysis skills
• Lateral co-ordination skills
Interested and suitably qualified candiates should forward applications with detailed CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org