Mercy Corps, An International Humanitarian Organization is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a very strategic position within our Operations Department. We are looking for a motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about the work we do and is looking to work within a dynamic team.
- The Operations Manager is a member of the country’s senior management team (SMT).
- She/he manages all administrative, procurement and logistics support functions for the Mercy Corps program, including also security management.
- S/he ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as with Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures, updates local manuals and policies, and builds the capacity of operations team members. S/he provides support and advises the Country Director, Finance Manager and Senior Program Management on operational issues.
- S/he is an example of honesty and integrity and ensures the integrity of the operations team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in management, procurement and logistics or related field
- 7 years field experience in administrative or operational support functions with a humanitarian non-governmental organization with supervisor responsibilities.
- 2-3 years of experience in senior operational position
- History of integrity and honesty
- Experience in setting up or developing further administration, procurement, logistics, and human resource management.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns, and appropriate responses to such emergencies.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, prioritization and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Experience living and working in Nigeria preferred.
- Knowledge of Mercy Corps systems and procedures (particularly Mercy Corps procurement systems) highly desirable.
- M&E experience preferred.
- Knowledge of donor (DfID, USAID, ECHO and various Foundations grants) regulations helpful.
- Speaking Hausa is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit CV and Cover Letter, addressing the position requirements to email@example.com.
Applications submission deadline: 13 July, 2015. All applications must include the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity organization and we encourage women to apply to these positions.