Mercy Corps, An International Humanitarian Organization is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a very strategic position within our Operations Department. We are looking for a motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about the work we do and is looking to work within a dynamic team.
- The Operations Manager is a member of the country’s senior management team (SMT).
- She/he manages all administrative, procurement and logistics support functions for the Mercy Corps program, including also security management.
- S/he ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as with Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures, updates local manuals and policies, and builds the capacity of operations team members. S/he provides support and advises the Country Director, Finance Manager and Senior Program Management on operational issues.
- S/he is an example of honesty and integrity and ensures the integrity of the operations team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in management, procurement and logistics or related field
- 7 years field experience in administrative or operational support functions with a humanitarian non-governmental organization with supervisor responsibilities.
- 2-3 years of experience in senior operational position
- History of integrity and honesty
- Experience in setting up or developing further administration, procurement, logistics, and human resource management.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns, and appropriate responses to such emergencies.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, prioritization and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Experience living and working in Nigeria preferred.
- Knowledge of Mercy Corps systems and procedures (particularly Mercy Corps procurement systems) highly desirable.
- M&E experience preferred.
- Knowledge of donor (DfID, USAID, ECHO and various Foundations grants) regulations helpful.
- Speaking Hausa is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit CV and Cover Letter, addressing the position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications submission deadline: 13 July, 2015. All applications must include the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity organization and we encourage women to apply to these positions.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.