Vacancy Announcement at Mercy Corps
Posted on: 1 July, 2015
Deadline: 13 July, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps, An International Humanitarian Organization is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a very strategic position within our Operations Department. We are looking for a motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about the work we do and is looking to work within a dynamic team.
- The Operations Manager is a member of the country’s senior management team (SMT).
- She/he manages all administrative, procurement and logistics support functions for the Mercy Corps program, including also security management.
- S/he ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as with Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures, updates local manuals and policies, and builds the capacity of operations team members. S/he provides support and advises the Country Director, Finance Manager and Senior Program Management on operational issues.
- S/he is an example of honesty and integrity and ensures the integrity of the operations team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in management, procurement and logistics or related field
- 7 years field experience in administrative or operational support functions with a humanitarian non-governmental organization with supervisor responsibilities.
- 2-3 years of experience in senior operational position
- History of integrity and honesty
- Experience in setting up or developing further administration, procurement, logistics, and human resource management.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns, and appropriate responses to such emergencies.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, prioritization and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Experience living and working in Nigeria preferred.
- Knowledge of Mercy Corps systems and procedures (particularly Mercy Corps procurement systems) highly desirable.
- M&E experience preferred.
- Knowledge of donor (DfID, USAID, ECHO and various Foundations grants) regulations helpful.
- Speaking Hausa is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit CV and Cover Letter, addressing the position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications submission deadline: 13 July, 2015. All applications must include the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity organization and we encourage women to apply to these positions.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Mercy CorpsSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunity at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Administration and Liaison Supervisor at ALIMA - Alliance For International Medical Action
- TA Emergency Specialist (Coordinator) at UNICEF Nigeria
- Infection Prevention Officer at Marie Stopes International
- Operations Director at Mercy Corps
- Latest Job Opening at Save the Children
- Jobs at Development Innovations Group (DIG)
- Job Openings at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION)