With more than 380,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries around the globe, Oracle offers an optimized and fully integrated stack of business hardware and software systems. Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center–from servers and storage, to database and middleware, through applications. Learn more about Oracle http://oracle.com/us/corporate
We are currently looking for a Sales Consultant for our Systems Line of business. This role reports into the Sales Consulting Industries Director, Middle East Africa with a regional responsibility for the Middle East Africa Region (MEA).
The successful encumbent will be involved in Oracle infrastructure systems, including Engineered Systems.
We are looking for a : Senior technical consultant utilizing his/her focus, experience and community in Public Sector to identify and develop applicable solutions and grow the Middle East Africa (MEA) Oracle systems business by defining and executing measurable, results orientated sales consulting initiatives.
The ideal candidate should have significant experience in IT solutions and IT transformation projects particularly focusing on joint solution sales resulting in the growth of Oracle’s systems business.
The candidate should have the ability to:
- Plan, execute and support sales consulting growth initiatives in the Public Sector
- Define and drive sales consulting growth initiatives through territories and target accounts
- Develop opportunities and customers as references and public business accelerators (active references)
- Plan, execute and support external events
- Participate in the planning and represent Oracle at industry related marketing events, account based marketing events, workshops and other external events Oracle and channel events as required
Support industry accounts, account opportunities and industry ecosystems
- Provide sales consulting support for chosen target accounts, initiatives and territories
- Engage with all levels within both Oracle and customer organisations
- Co-draft sales strategies together with the account managers
- Provide technical support in all necessary sales activities
- Translate customer requirements into deliverable products and services
- Define values propositions, positioning and differentiation to competitors products
- Support and develop existing customer and partner relationships and skills
- Work alongside partners and other third party organizations as required
- Help drive sales opportunities to successful completion
- Where required influence and participate in the definition of :
- Systems architecture and solution proposals
- Configuration of systems products and associated infrastructure for proposal
- Technical requirement definition for RFx inclusion
- Develop expertise and enable
- Actively develop technical and product expertise
- Actively develop industry solution expertise
- Enablement of Field Sales & SC’s as well as Channel Sales & SC’s where applicable
Oracle sales consultant in this role must be excellent communicators, able to develop initiatives and articulate these in a straightforward way to both decision makers and technical personnel alike. The candidate must be self motivated and proactive and also be interested in advancing their specific expertise in the chosen industry, industry solutions and Oracle systems and technology.
Our ideal candidate should:
- Be an experienced professional with a successful and proven track record in this domain and industry (Public Sector)
- Have a BSc. equivalent or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other degree supporting Information Technology.
- Have at least 3 years of hardware products pre-sales experience (with at least 10 years of overall IT experience)
- Have an excellent command of infrastructure (systems, storage, networking etc.) and software solutions typically deployed in the chosen industry
- Have excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Be able to communicate at management level as well as at a technical expert level.
- Have an understanding of key business drivers and competitive landscape in infrastructure and software solutions in the Public Sector
- Be proficient in translating complex business requirements into workable technical solutions
- Strong working knowledge in the following areas is an asset:
- Strategic Information systems analysis and planning
- Technical design authority role for complex projects
- Knowledge of Oracle's technology and applications portfolio
Language skills (both written and verbal):
1. English – Fluent
2. Other (French, Portuguese, Arabic ) added benefit
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell. As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.