Since its creation in 1863, the ICRC's sole objective has been to ensure protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and strife. It does so through its direct action around the world, as well as by encouraging the development of international humanitarian law (IHL) and promoting respect for it by governments and all weapon bearers. Its story is about the development of humanitarian action, the Geneva Conventions and the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Maiduguri, Borno State
- Ensure orders are delivered on time and items meet the specification required.
- Prepare Purchase Order (PO) file according to ICRC standards.
- Responsible for quality of items purchased.
- Updates and maintains knowledge about main suppliers.
- Bachelor Degree, or Higher degree in Administration, Logistics, Purchasing or similar field.
- Similar work experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or humanitarian
- Good command of written and spoken English (Hausa/Kanuri an asset)
- Good knowledge of Borno and Yobe States
- Good computer skills
- Driving license
- Good knowledge of the local market
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Transparent and honest person
- Team leadership good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability, able to work over time when needed
Method of Application
Interested and qualified should send theirr application letter, curriculum vitae, and contact details of three referees to:
ICRC Maiduguri Office,
House no. 7 Bifam Road,
Off Circular Road (Damboa Junction),
31 Pope John Paul II Street,
- Please clearly indicate "Log Purchaser" on your envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.