Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Mentorship Coordinator Position:
Author Bob Proctor once said that “A mentor is someone who sees more talent and ability within you, than you see in yourself, and helps bring it out of you.” As the Mentorship Coordinator, you will be responsible for finding and managing mentors who help Andela’s Software Engineers grow during their time at Andela and prepare for their lives afterward.
You’ll be relentless in your search for new sources of mentors---organizations and individuals, volunteer and paid---who help our engineers develop both technically and professionally. And once they’re in the door, you’ll be responsible for the program, policies and systems that pair engineers with the right mentors and ensure that it runs smoothly.
Specific responsibilities of the Mentorship Coordinator position include:
- Actively recruiting and vetting new sources of technical and professional mentors
- Establishing relationships with organizations and individual mentors
- Managing the inbound flow of qualified individuals to serve mentors
- Coordinating the matching and delivery of mentors to Andela software engineers
- Ownership of mentor matching, tracking, performance & evaluation and reporting systems
- Ensures that all parties involved in the mentorship program have a rewarding experience
- Works with the Director, Success in creating a mentorship budget
- Manages tracking and reconciliation of invoices
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role you:
- A four-year degree in Education, Business Management, or a related degree from an accredited university.
- Have at least 5 years of experience, preferably during a high-growth phase of a company
- Have demonstrated the ability to establish rapport and develop effective 3rd-party working relationships
- Have experience in project or product management
- Have a strong grasp of the evolving technology landscape and the skillsets required to succeed in them
- Have spent time serving as a mentor and still maintain ties with those who you helped develop
- Have spent time as a mentee and understand how to get the most value from a mentor relationship
- Self motivated, driven to work hard in a fast paced environment
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- Have the ability to communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Have strong public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Strongly motivated by our social mission of training 100 thousand young Africans in next 10 years.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale