MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
• Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
• Ensure audit reports are timely, accurate, objective and constructive
• Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
• Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
• Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
• Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
• Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
• Lead and direct on-going systems audits and advisory engagement in accordance with annual combined assurance plan and as the need arises, identifying risks associated with the company’s strategic objectives and making appropriate recommendations.
• Provide input into the annual budget and annual audit plan according to the strategic objectives and the associated risks.
• Develop plan for system audit engagements in line with the scope and objectives of audit assignment and ensure efficient and effective execution of same.
• Ensure efficient allocation and utilization of resources within the systems audit unit.
• Coordinate ad hoc audits including crises management.
• Ensure compliance to systems audit methodology and laid down standards and make recommendations where changes are required.
• Provide input to the overall audit and advisory methodology and supporting processes to ensure compliance with the required standards and international best practice.
• Advise management on issues pertaining to risk management, internal controls and corporate governance processes.
• Prepare comprehensive systems audit reports.
• Provide guidance and leadership on audit assignments especially on the technical reviews of IS and Network
• Perform complex analysis using CAATs tools (e.g. ACL) and Excel.
• Incorporate knowledge gained from consulting engagements into audit assignments and overall audit plan.
• Perform complex, non-standard, ad hoc requests and other special assignments as directed by GM, Business Risk Management
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
Minimum of 10 years’ experience which includes;
• Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
• Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
• Working experience in a structured business environment of which the last 6 years should be in Internal Audit
• Telecommunications experience is an added advantage
• Internal audit,
• Fraud management,
• Business risk management,
• Internal controls,
• General management
BSc, BTech, HND, MA or MSc
To apply for this position, click here