We are a Multinational Company, leading the industry of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are currently looking for a Head of Sales – Financial for the Sub Saharan Africa region, who will lead both Desktop and Solutions sales specialists teams.
The Head of Sales – Financial will lead expert customer workflow specialized team of sales specialists and pre-sales consultants in multiple locations. Responsible for generating gross sales and new revenue within existing and new clients, by leveraging company broad suite of Financial products and services, bringing “the value of the whole firm” to our customers.
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead, manage, coach and motivate sales teams to achieve the company’s objectives in gaining new business, market share and customer satisfaction.
- Leading and supporting a highly customer focused, business workflow specialized team of sales specialists.
- Develop and execute key strategies including regional strategies, new market entries, platform strategies and sales campaigns across multiple sectors to achieve sales revenue targets.
- Enables Innovation among the team members, and promotes thinking “outside the box” to come up with creative solutions for customers and potential markets.
- Sales effectiveness - Ensures that all members of the sales team work efficiently to achieve high levels of growth and client satisfaction.
- Ensure profitable growth across all customer solutions.
- People Management – coaching and developing a team of specialists across multiple locations.
- Achieve annual and quarterly revenue targets and campaign objectives.
- Cultivate and maintain high level relationships within client organizations in coordination with the account management team.
- Ensure accurate sales forecasts and report to senior business and finance management.
- Support recruitment and training of sales staff to achieve sales business objectives.
- Coaches and mentors team members to drive improvements in skills, sales approach and performance.
- Collaborates with Client Specialists, Account Management, Service and delivery and Administrative Support teams.
- Constant communication with senior management, as to the progress and current state of sales activity in the region.
- Maintenance of sales pipeline and participation in monthly business reviews
- Interaction with senior management to assess the viability of current and future strategy and new product development etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Seasoned Sales proffesional with strong experience in Sales management - minimum 10 years experience in sales/account management with a strong customer focus-.
- Experience in leading teams, including virtual teams. Maintain open and collaborative relationships with team to provide leadership on aspects of values, demonstration, strategy and progress.
- Demonstrated expertise within global financial markets, including knowledge of the key institutions and market players. Regularly coaches others on industry value chains.
- Competitive landscaping and differentiation – demonstrates knowledge of competitor offerings, strategies, sales and tactics from a local perspective.
- Networking – ability to build a robust network of peers and experts, maintaining relationships with a large number of key stakeholders that provide insights into market trends.
- Solutions development – value demonstration and enterprise wide thinking, skilled at demonstrating the unique value created by Thomson Reuters offering.
- Solid knowledge of complete Thomson Reuters Markets product portfolio and solutions that may be complex in design and execution.
- Bachelor Degree in Business / Finance / Economics.
- Strong motivation to succeed and win.
- Willingness and ability to travel across the Sub Saharan African region
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.