Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC is a full service financial services group with a clear focus on three main business pillars - Corporate and Investment Banking, Personal and Business Banking and Wealth Management.
Stanbic IBTC Bank legally became part of Standard Bank Group 24th August 2007. The Standard Bank Group merged its Nigerian operations, Stanbic Bank Nigeria with that of IBTC Chartered Bank PLC. Stanbic IBTC Bank is a major financial service provider engaged in personal banking, business banking, credit cards, corporate banking, non-interest banking and wealth and investment banking in Nigeria.
Main purpose of the job
Product management is the multi-disciplinary approach to developing, distributing, and maintaining product offerings to serve customer objectives. It links customer needs and satisfaction to the corporate objectives of profitability and delivery of the promised performance to shareholders.
Management and growth of economic profit of PBB Products portfolio in various segments, focusing on the key components of economic profit, and the underlying business drivers:
o Number of customers and accounts
o Quality of data
o Validation of fee and Commission Income
o Product profitability
Management and control:
o Product governance
o Training and manual update
o Control reports
o Conduct market and competitor research
Key performance measures /KRAs
1. Timely reporting reports
2. Play a key role in the rollout of new or amended products and driving product campaigns
3. Follow up on the quick implementation of weekly exceptions; correction of customer segmentation errors, wrong coding and general data clean up
4. Support product governance process to ensure timely rendition of all product papers
5. Carry out periodic monthly market survey (internal & external) to ensure the business correctly profiles the voice of the customer
To execute relevant customer relationship and retention management strategy towards delivering of both Liability and Asset budget for the branch(es) under coverage area. To drive the right sales culture amongst all NIB sales staff and spear head acquisition strategy of the NIB business of the branch.
• To engage Companies and other corporate organizations on a continuous basis for acquisition opportunities in Personal & Business banking.
• To execute robust relationship management techniques that would ensure optimum customer retention
• Identify opportunities in markets, Cooperative Societies/Associations/Unions and engage market associations and representatives of these cooperatives/associations for acquisition.
• To coach and guide team of Direct Sales Agents (DSAs) towards sales achievement
• Relate well with operation staff to ensure minimal Turn Around Time is achieved on account opening
• Assume accountability for delivery of Asset and Liability budgets
• Monitor adequacy of income from fees and commission
• Ensure that customers are assisted at their place of work to open accounts, complete applications and collect relevant document
Key Performance Measures
• Delivering on the branch(es) budget in terms of Revenue, Value and Volume figures
• Ability to grow the clientele base of the branch(es)
• Innovative Business Development input through constructive feedback from the market
• Create sales pool for NIB DSAs
Key Dimensions of the Job
Relationship management at the branch level; customer retention and acquisition through referrals.
• Internal Relationship – Branch Manager, NIB Zonal Head, DSAs, Branch Staff and Credit departments
• External Relationship – Both Personal and Business Banking Clients, Organizations management staff etc
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To provide a basic, branch-based business banking sales and service facility to a portfolio of small business customers requiring uncomplicated and standardized financial product solutions
•Explain, promote and sell a range of appropriate Stanbic IBTC product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of small business customers.
•Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts (walk-in customers)
•Cross-selling additional products & services to existing customers (walk-in customers, during pro-active telephone conversations).
•Identifying sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking (Business Online); Card; etc.
•Mining existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
•Identifying opportunities to migrate top-end customers.
•Providing a central “no-frills” (information/ query handling) service point for a portfolio of small business customers.
•Performing a liaison role between customers and back - office service fulfillment and credit functions.
•Interacting with clients and conducting needs analyses to assist clients to better understand their financial requirements.
•Accurately and efficiently processing customer mandates/ documentation requirements for banking facilities.
•Educating clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing standard SME product and service offerings to ensure the correct customer behavior and product usage.
•Advice given to customers should benefit both the customer and Standard Bank. Wrong and unprofitable customer behavior should not be encouraged.
•Explain credit loan facility options and qualifying criteria to customers.
•Support customers in the completion of credit application information requirements e.g. personal balance sheets, cash flow statements, financial statements and management accounts.
•Process scored credit applications within the confidential limit of authority and BRI scores.
•Notify customers regarding the approval of credit loan facilities.
•Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act license categories.
•Adhering to record keeping requirements as outlined by CBN and the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU)
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.