Business Unit Manager is responsible for the overall management and administration of a business unit’s operations and employees, by providing the required leadership, resources and support to ensure business growth in the unit. The Business Unit Manager is responsible for the achieving the revenue expectation of the business by working effectively with everyone involved with all aspects of revenue generation for the business.
He/She is responsible for the alignment of employees with the goals of the clinic, the maintenance of the image and brand of The Bridge Clinic through local marketing, the highest standard of service delivery to both referral doctors and clients, and the quality of the facilities both internally and externally. He/She has the responsibility of ensuring a Business Unit is on track to meet its financial goals. He/She is also responsible for developing and implementing budgets, preparing reports for management and ensures the business unit complies with organizational policies.
- Operations Management: implementing processes, systems and service specifications for service excellence, overseeing departmental operations to ensure operational efficiency.
- Financial Planning, Monitoring and Control: developing and implementing the budget, monitoring expenditure and revenues, reviewing activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives, revising business plans as required.
- Project Management: project design, planning and implementation, project monitoring and evaluation.
- People Management: managing performance of team members to ensure the organizational goals are met.
- Economic Analysis: contingent valuation studies, cost-benefit analyses of various initiatives
- Reporting: Preparing reports to management on business unit’s activities and progress towards strategic objectives
- Business Development & Marketing: Responsible for the business growth of the company by directing the key staff in the unit (Business Unit Coordinator, Business Development Officer & the management role of the Fertility Specialist). Develop appropriate policies to drive business growth in each unit; Management of the call center and responsible for driving enquiry targets. Management of referral doctors, local media events and ASPIRE initiatives;
- Quality Management: Ensuring that SOPS’s are conformed to and Incidences and SAE’s are appropriately reported and managed
- General Management: Develop an annual operational plan (including scope of service) integrated with TBC’s strategic plan and related to other departments’ operational plans in order to efficiently provide services in the business unit. Manage service delivery from the corporate office through appropriate Service Level Agreements (SLAs) - financial support, HR support, logistics support, quality audit & systems support.
- Over 7 years’ work experience
- First degree in the sciences or social sciences
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration (will be an advantage)
- Cognate experience in the health sector (will also be an added advantage)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Practical intelligence
- Analytical ability
- Ability to make key decisions, function independently and be effective in a team environment.
- Takes responsibility for results as an entrepreneurial manager
- Good understanding of the health sector specifically the IVF market
- Business management
- Financial computation and analysis
- Project planning and management
- Well-grounded in management principles
- Ability to manage, supervise and develop support personnel.