Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services. Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is superbly placed to cater for guest service requirements; ensuring guest stay is both pleasant & unforgettable, we combine the experience of our team which represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making our place a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Ref: BWAH/06/15/CC
Report To: Chinese Chef De partie / Executive Chef
- To assist Chinese CDP in overseeing the preparation, cooking, and presentation of dishes.
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards.
- Takes efforts to control food cost.
- Anticipate, resolve and escalate problems arise.
- Train staff.
- To be totally guest focused by consistently delivering excellent guest service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
- To ensure at all times a high standard of cleanliness and practices is maintained, thereby ensuring all statutory legislation is met.
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Be environmentally aware
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Must specialized in Chinese cuisine and other oriental cuisine
Advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate will be added advantage
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
- Require little or no supervision
- Must have relevant catering educational or professional qualification
- At least three to four years working experience
- Solid knowledge of current food trends.
- Computer Literate
- Pleasant, clean and calm appearance
- Problem solving ability
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their application letter and resume to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as email Subject.