IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world's most advanced servers and supercomputers. Utilizing its business consulting, technology and R&D expertise, IBM helps clients become "smarter" as the planet becomes more digitally interconnected. This includes working with organizations and governments to build systems that improve traffic congestion, availability of clean water, and the health and safety of populations. IBM invests more than $6 billion a year in R&D, just completing its 18th year of patent leadership. IBM Research has received recognition beyond any commercial technology research organization and is home to 5 Nobel Laureates, 9 US National Medals of Technology, 5 US National Medals of Science, 6 Turing Awards, and 10 Inductees in US Inventors Hall of Fame. The company was behind the inventions of the PC; SABRE travel reservation system; UPC codes, Watson, the Jeopardy!-playing computing system, and much more.
IBM is seeking to hire a Financial and Operational Performance Management (FOPM) Specialty Sales Representative to join our team. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society, and even the workplace–by creating professions that did not exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social, and mobile. As the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, IBM is a leader in this global transformation and just the place to continue your career.
IBM is expanding its Analytics Software Sales Team. The candidate will be focused on Financial and Operational Performance Management (FOPM) solution sales covering the Analytics Enterprise accounts in the North America market. Also, the candidate will engage directly with sales opportunities. Additionally, the candidate will develop long-term sales strategies, generate tactical and comprehensive solutions, prospect, develop, and close large-scale transactions, and manage relationships with extended internal team in a matrixed environment as well as external partners.
IBM’s FOPM applications support planning, profitability management, goal setting, financial and operational planning, and the end-to-end financial close and reporting process, all in an integrated “best of breed” solutions.
• achieving assigned FOPM quota as assigned by the regional and segment leaders on a consistent basis
• establishing and maintaining strong partnerships with external IBM business partners
• defining and executing on sales plays and competitive differentiators
• meeting and exceeding all internal controls, including reporting, and expenses
• planning and forecasting with precision using IBM’s Finance Operations and Performance Management solutions that align finance and operations
• accelerating the financial close and reporting process, all while providing greater transparency and confidence in numbers
• demonstrated track record of consistent sales quota achievement
• proven ability to penetrate accounts and meet with stakeholders within accounts
• proven ability to manage sales through forecasting, build a pipeline, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning
• proven ability to initiate and close multiple deals at once
• exhibited knowledge of value solutions based selling, as well as account planning, prospecting, business development and strategy development
demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with technical aptitude to deliver powerful, succinct, convincing, and customer-focused presentations at all levels of an organization
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.