If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Save the Children uses a holistic approach to help us achieve more for children, and to use our resources in an efficient and sustainable way. Save the Children comprises Save the Children International and 30 member organisations working to deliver change for children in 120 countries.
The incumbent will strategically lead and manage the Child Development Grant Programme in Northern Nigeria; accountable for the achievement of programme deliverables and delivery of the joint log-frame within the consortium of Save the Children and Action Against Hunger.
- Prior experience of designing and/or delivering large scale (in excess of £10m) cash transfer programmes
- Proven ability to manage large consortiums with a minimum of 4 years experience managing multi-regional or multi-country programmes
- Demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding programme targets, while maintaining technical quality.
- Ability to represent the cash transfer programme at a strategic level and engage and influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience of working with national and/or regional level government structures to strengthen the capacity of the state to take ownership for and deliver services.
- Self-motivated and results orientated.
- Highly numerically articulate with a track record of data manipulation and use of spreadsheets and reporting systems.
- Experience in management of finance and budget monitoring and risk management.
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others
- Highly diplomatic and emotionally intelligent with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills in English, with substantial experience in managing multicultural teams
- Experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
Desirable experience and characteristics
- Post-graduate qualification in Public Health, Nutrition Food Security or any related relevant discipline
- Substantial experience of working and living in Africa, ideally with professional experience in Nigeria
- Demonstrable understanding of Value for Money and DFID results agenda.
- Ability to coach and mentor multi-sectoral partners
go to method of application »
The incumbent will be responsible for the overall management of the field office. Key activities include the management of all support aspects, such as finance, administration, logistics and security; the management of support staff based in the field office, the management of security policy and representation of Save the Children.
- 3 years substantial experience of managing field based operations for a humanitarian/ relief agency in rural volatile locations.
- Ability to provide leadership and support to international and national staff working at a distance in remote locations.
- Experience in the management of finance, logistics and administration: Broad based knowledge of field logistics including, radio communications, vehicle management, and stock control.
- Very good understanding of budget and finance management.
- Ability to demonstrate substantial experience in security management.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including a good track record of report-writing and consistent communications with line manager and with people whom s/he manages
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- French language proficiency including report writing.
- Ability to network and advocate for children’s rights to local government authorities and others (UN, other INGOs).
- A working knowledge of the issues facing displaced people and host communities in regard to community integration and resettlement.
- An appreciation of a consultative, team approach to decision making and the ability to lead a team.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and use own initiative.
- Experience of working in challenging, insecure areas and willingness to work and live in a rural environment.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Word, Excel.
- Experience in institutional strengthening of government and/or local NGOs.
- Degree in development studies or sociology or any other development related studies.
- Knowledge and experience of Child Rights Programming approaches.
- An understanding of child protection issues and of the impact of violence and displacement upon children and communities. Knowledge of Hausa (spoken)
go to method of application »
The Warehouse/Assets Management Assistant is responsible for overseeing the mission warehouse stock management via SCI TIM software, updating the TIM software, support to the Field offices and ensuring that SCI warehouses and stocks are managed according to SCI regulations and standards, thus, ensuring efficient and effective service to various programs and ultimately SCI beneficiaries in the area of operations. He or she will also ensure the tracking of Assets register for the Nigerian mission as per issuance during purchases (by use of GRN), delivery to users, updating the grants allocations to the assets, ensuring each grant has an updated grants report list as per donor requirements and reporting monthly to the head of logistics and Abuja logistics coordinator all assets movements in the mission.
- At least 2 years of experience in warehousing/Assets tracking activities;
- Previous experience with an International NGO
- Experience transport and/or distribution.
- Strong team leadership skills;
- Patience, thoroughness, rigour.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proactive and result-oriented.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children aims, values and principles.
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.V and qualifying statements to: Nigeria.OperationsVacancy@savethechildren.org on or before July 7th, 2015 explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Anyone who does not meet the above stated criteria need not apply.
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.