Jobs at Abdul Jameel Latif Poverty Action Lab
Posted on: 24 June, 2015
Deadline: 10 July, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Abdul Jameel Latif Poverty Action
JPAL seeks a qualified applicant for the position of Research Manager for a project entitled “Strengthening the Midwife Service Scheme with Community Focused Interventions: Evidence from a Randomized Controlled Field Trial in Nigeria”. The project evaluates several community-based interventions designed to decrease maternal mortality in rural communities in northern Nigeria (Jigawa state). The project is being executed in collaboration with the Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria, which will be the host organization and the formal employer in Nigeria. The position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research. This position will be based in Abuja at the office of PPFN but will entail regular travel to the project sites in northern Nigeria.
Research managers work closely with academic researchers and other field staff to perform a variety tasks including, but not limited to, the following:
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, public health, or related fields.
- Experience managing program implementation or field research in health or development economics in a developing country.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations
- Knowledge of Stata (strongly preferred) or other data analysis software is preferred.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials preferred.
- Prior experience in Nigeria or West Africa preferred.
Method of Application
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Abdul Jameel Latif Poverty Action LabSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Vacancies at WaterAid Nigeria
- Senior Program Coordinator at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Security Liason Officer at Médecins du Monde
- Fresh Vacancies at Abt Associates
- Project Administrator at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale
- Request for Proposals: Translating Agency at Girl Effect
- Job Opportunities at INTERSOS
- Grants Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)