If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield services companies. Our product and service portfolio spans the life cycle of the well, and includes capability in drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, and completion. The Company provides innovative solutions, technology, and services to the oil and gas industry, and operates in over 100 countries.
- LOCATION: NIGERIA
- ONLY ELIGIBLE NATIONALS SHOULD APPLY
The DRT Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing, controlling and executing job planning for DRT associated operations throughout the assigned location, in line with Weatherford and client company policies, QHSSE procedures and systems, statutory regulations and industry good practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a supportive environment and a workplace that challenges, inspires and creates the conditions conducive to a safe and efficient working environment.
- Assists in developing and monitoring the schedule of work, associated budget for the areas of responsibility, and performance against this, initiating corrective action where necessary to ensure operations are conducted within the agreed financial parameters.
- Establish and continuously review with Operations Manager the PL structure, work flows and job responsibilities in the base to ensure work is organized and carried out in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Coordinate pre-delivery inspection, parts requirements, equipment ordering, equipment receipts and load-outs, and other orders with logistics/supply chain department to ensure the correct equipment is available and there is no delay or NPT due to lack of co-ordination.
- Support junior staff to ensure maintenance of equipment is done on a timely basis to reduce costs to minimum without compromising on safety.
- Supervise the work of other personnel to ensure that operational processes are followed so that the work flow, quality standards, profit and customer satisfaction index is maintained.
- Interpret the results of all methods of non-destructive testing (NDT) such as acoustic emission, electromagnetic, leak, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, neutron radiographic, radiographic, thermal or infrared, ultrasonic, vibration analysis, and visual testing.
- Select, calibrate, or operate equipment used in the non-destructive testing (NDT) of products or materials.
- Examine Weatherford and third party equipment using non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques.
- Make radiographic images to detect flaws in objects while leaving objects intact.
- Identify defects in solid materials using ultrasonic testing techniques.
- Prepare reports on non-destructive testing (NDT) results.
- Conduct liquid penetrant tests to locate surface cracks by coating objects with fluorescent dyes, cleaning excess penetrant, and applying developer.
- Document non-destructive testing (NDT) methods, processes, or results.
- Supervise or direct the work of non-destructive testing (NDT) trainees or staff.
- Map the presence of imperfections within objects using sonic measurements.
- Guide, mentor and provide on the job training to other personnel.
- Perform quality control checks on inspection and testing equipment.
- Ensure that training and competency programs are implemented and followed.
- Managing and driving the succession and nationalisation strategy for DRT in the location.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Responsible for the implementation of required quality plans for each job and that service delivery standards are upheld and recorded.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have completed a recognized trade apprenticeship, and must be able to utilize an appropriate range of QC Inspection techniques and instruments or similar level of competence as determined by an appropriate “trade test”.
- Ideally should have at least 5 years post-apprenticeship experience in a workshop environment, with at least 2 years in QA/QC level II inspection role.
- Familiar with OCTG, drill string design and components.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of oilfield mathematics calculations including volumes, pressures, forces, and hydraulics.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of oilfield operations
- Aware of competitor equipment and technology
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Visio computer skills
- Good oral and advanced written communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Able to work closely with fellow employees
- Technical & commercial writing skills
- Engineering Degree - Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering or similar
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.