IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world's most advanced servers and supercomputers. Utilizing its business consulting, technology and R&D expertise, IBM helps clients become "smarter" as the planet becomes more digitally interconnected. This includes working with organizations and governments to build systems that improve traffic congestion, availability of clean water, and the health and safety of populations. IBM invests more than $6 billion a year in R&D, just completing its 18th year of patent leadership. IBM Research has received recognition beyond any commercial technology research organization and is home to 5 Nobel Laureates, 9 US National Medals of Technology, 5 US National Medals of Science, 6 Turing Awards, and 10 Inductees in US Inventors Hall of Fame. The company was behind the inventions of the PC; SABRE travel reservation system; UPC codes, Watson, the Jeopardy!-playing computing system, and much more.
This role will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
1.The Royal Blue Ambassador is assigned for the purpose of providing advice, guidance helpful assistance during the new employees first 30 days with IBM and would be in this role full time.
2. Special Training will be provided to the Royal Blue Ambassador to effectively perform this role and create a lasting impact in the minds of the new joiners.
3. The Royal Blue Ambassador will also interlock with, & drive all the involved departments / functions (Onboarding, HRIS, WFM, Business Managers, Resource Deployment Managers, Payroll, IS, Procurement) to ensure that IBM delivers a seamless joining experience for all new joiners.
4. During Onboarding the new employee will also be familiarized with the Royal Blue Ambassador concept & on how to make the most of the relationship.
5. The Royal Blue Ambassador will welcome the new joiners on Day 1 along with the Onboarding team and will ensure that contact with the new employee is regular, consistent and ongoing over the 30 day period.
6. The Royal Blue Ambassador relationship will be open, positive, supportive and confidential.
7. The Royal Blue Ambassador relationship will be a positive experience for both the new employee and the Royal Blue Ambassador.
8. The Royal Blue Ambassador will ensure that the new employee learns how to become self-sufficient in IBM. Where there are existing resources available that provide help to all IBM employees (eg. Buzz HR, IT Help Desk, w3 sites), the Royal Blue Ambassador will encourage the new employee to find answers to their questions using these resources.
9. The Royal Blue Ambassador should have Excellent communication skills with a confident and outgoing style. Should be a good listener & should be able to appreciate others’ point of view & expertise. Good at establishing relationship with the new employee. Should be open, positive, supportive and confidential so as to work with, identify & resolve challenges faced by the new joiner. Should be a Team Player, approachable, and willing to help employees
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.