Oxfam is a confederation of 17 Affiliates committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good governance, adopting a rights based approach.
Christian Rural and Urban Development Association of Nigeria (CRUDAN) is a Christian, not-for-profit, Non-Governmental Organization, working to ensure that Nigerian communities experience sustained food security, improved household nutrition, economic justice, natural resources management, disaster risks reduction, conflict transformation and humanitarian aid without bias to faith, gender or ethnicity.
Development Exchange Centre (DEC) is a non-government, not-for profit organization with a mandate to support rural and urban women to improve living conditions. This is pursued through the provision of social and micro finance services for socio-economic empowerment.
Oxfam, CRUDAN and DEC seek multiple positions for the anticipated four year EU-funded pro resilience action (PRO-ACT) aiming at building food security and resilience in Northern Nigeria. The program will improve the food security, nutrition and resilience of vulnerable groups in 7 LGAs in Kebbi and Adamawa States of northern Nigeria. It will (i) deliver rapid improvement in livelihoods and preparedness toward risks for vulnerable populations and communities including women and youth; (ii) strengthen resilience, food security and natural resource utilisation of small holder farming communities; (iii) improve strategic linkages for food security and support to local market systems and; (iv) improve response capacity of government towards social protection, early warning systems and strengthen local frameworks towards resilience building.
JOB TITLE: Oxfam
LOCATION: Abuja/ Nigeria (1)
Salary: Based on the National Salary Scale of Nigeria Country Office
Duration: 4 years
JOB FAMILY: Finance
LEVEL: D1 OXFAM PURPOSE:
To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.
To provide a proactive, efficient and effective financial management service to Oxfam’s Programme in Nigeria and West Africaas maybe required
To be responsible for the provision of efficient and effective accounting services to Nigeria through technical support to finance and non finance in the region, capacity building and quality control on financial information to internal and external stakeholders. The position will also provide a proactive, efficient and effective donor and financial compliance & risk management service to Oxfam’s Programme in Nigeria
Post holder reports to: Business Support Manager (BSM).
Staff reporting to this post: Two or more staff
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: None but strategic monitoring and probity requirement
National, States and partners offices Duties
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
Duration: 4 years
To process the daily, monthly financial information for the partner CSO Office and to assist with the management and administration of finance/admin duties in the EU programme. He or she ensures that financial records comply with donor’s regulations and policies and procedures by accurately processing and reviewing journal entries and vouchers, ensuring that proper management and control are maintained for all financial transactions and providing support to achieve overall objectives of the program.
Post holder reports to: Partner Livelihoods Program Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
· Significant transactions processing and documentation· Carry out clearly defined tasks laid down by Coordinator/ managers / supervisor.
Tasks are routine but may require the use of some initiative and/or basic planning.
· To be responsible for the proper use of equipment under direct control.
· Required to give straightforward information to colleagues, supervisors and occasionally members of the public.
· Tracking of grant disbursements and monitoring of outstanding trenches using a customised tool for this purpose
· To maintain all primary financial records in the accounts office and ensure that these records are accurate and up to date.
· To maintain a filing directory of files for accurate, consistent and shelving/archiving with 99% timely retrieval rating.
· Scan all payment vouchers electronically and store in the hard drive and all other confidential documents
· To prepare batches of consolidated vouchers (receipts and payments) produced in the office and ensuring that these are presented to the Finance Officer for posting at the end of the day or at the end of the week, at least
· Recording of transactions in system that answers key questions (what? Who? When?...) about every transaction.
· Ensuring that recording of transactions match the source documents in coding (primary & secondary), nature and referencing
· Cash & cheques disbursements and ensuring proper security of cash, both in the safe and in transit. Conduct cash count and document the process with appreciate sign off.
· To ensure that all accounts have all the supporting documents (approval notes, goods received notes, invoices, receipts, etc.) and that all records are filed or stored in good order according to the guidelines set by the programme
· To support internal and external auditors by providing all supporting documentations in an orderly and timely manner
· To ensure that all payment request forms, invoices, LPOs, receipts and any other payment documents are critically checked for accuracy and correctness and has met minimum accounting standards
· To ensure accurate and proper coding of expenditure on all primary documentation
· Paid STAMPING of all processed financial documents along with proper coding of expenditure as they occurred.
· Transfer all financial document two months old to archives with appropriate documentation for storing and retrieval processes.
· Remittance of all taxes and staff pensions in a timely manner with one week of occurring
· Maintain asset register
· Bank reconciliation
· Maintain store inventory (in stock/out stock
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
· Bsc/HND in Accounting and related courses or related fields
· Accounting/banking qualification with minimum 3 years working experience
· Good level of financial and numerical skills
· Good filing and archiving knowledge
· Good communication skills – both written and verbal; experience of writing reports
· Subscribe to high moral code of ethic.
· Computer literacy especially in excel, power point and word-processing skills
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to prioritise a complex workload
· Ability to work as part of a team with value adding characteristics
OTHER:To provide backup support functions within the business support unit as may be assigned including over for log & admin roles as deemed necessary by Line & overview managers.
If you are interested in on of these positions, please email your application letter and curriculum vitae in English to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the Recruiter, not later than July 6, 2015
For enquiries contact email@example.com for Oxfam,firstname.lastname@example.org, for DEC-Bauchi and email@example.com for CRUDAN
Please note that applications sent to this enquiry email will be disqualified.
OXFAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ORGANISATION; QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.