Saipem is a large and international turnkey contractors in the oil & gas industry.
The Company enjoys a superior competitive position for the provision of EPC/EPCI services to the oil industry both onshore and offshore with a particular focus on the toughest and most technologically challenging projects and activities in remote areas.
Saipem is a global contractor, with strong local presence in strategic and emerging areas such as West Africa, North Africa, Central Asia, Middle East, and South East Asia and it employs over 48,000 people, comprising more than 125 nationalities.
Identify, mitigate and manage risk for the company through focusing on risk management via a defined enterprise wide risk framework including Operational, Health & Safety, Hazard identification & Evaluation (HAZID, HAZOP) and to a lesser extent Financial risks.
There by ensuring the risks are reduced to bearest minimum within the companies risk profile and in alignment with the corporate strategy.
- Establish a risk framework and provide support for its implementation, independent oversight ensuring compliance with the requirements of the framework, related policy(s) and guidance documents.
- Define Risk Appetite explicitly to communicate what level of risk is acceptable for each project.
- Define Risk limit Tolerances and Appetite for projects (policy development).
- Develop standard methodologies to conduct risk assessments across the company and related projects; mitigate identified control weaknesses through the creation of appropriate action plans.
- Develop appropriate Key Risk and Control Indicators for projects; subsequently monitoring and reporting of KRIs to proactively identify exposures or control weaknesses.
- Promote awareness of enterprise wide risk issues group wide.
- Ensure identification, aggregation and monitoring of operational loss events.
- Ensure the effective implementation of organisation’s risk management framework.
- Continuously improve operational efficiency and effectiveness of risk management processes.
- Monitor risk exposure to ensure day-to-day running of the business and that related barriers are resolved.
- Responsible for the areas of safe operations, security, incident investigation, contract management, training & development, emergency operations and community awareness and outreach.
- To support other departments contractors in delivery of their critical deliverables support.
- Good understanding of site safety tools and processes, the oil and gas security environment (especially impact of (H2S) and emergency and crisis management.
- Oversees all day-to-day security operations in the field and field security support to the management of the exclusion zones and emergency response.
- Responsibility include to plan resource and manage delivery of the following deliverables:
- Protection of project personnel, assets and information from security risks.
- Provide effective emergency communication, coordination and muster support to project departments and management team.
- Provide effective exclusion zone management in order to meet project’s EIA and regulatory commitments and safely manage access to the exclusion zones.
- Provide effective pipeline surveillance in order to meet project’s EIA and regulatory commitments and provide sufficient warning of unsafe conditions in the pipeline right of way to allow effective mitigation of pipeline related risks.
- Regularly inspect security worksites and contractor work practices to assess if they are safe.
- Drafting, updating of necessary procedures according to site and facility changes.
- Actively participate in Security department Safety Meetings and deliver HES presentations focused on identified HES risks relevant to the security department.
- Ensure daily incidents and security observations are accurately reported and co-ordinate initial clarifications as required.
- Provide and conduct security awareness training and briefs to personnel.