We are a recruitment & HR consultancy company, providing a wide range of recruitment and selection services to local and international companies in Africa. Our Team of dedicated consultants offers businesses to get the right and best talent across wide range of sectors and professions.
Africa is experiencing an economic boom in all sectors. It is a dynamic as well as complex & diverse market. Our Specialized approach is backed by deep understanding of all aspects of business and industry in this challenging and growing market whilst retaining our global standards in talent acquisition and HR services.
The Head Shopper/Customer Marketing reports to the Group Customer Development Executive and would lead a team of 3 people (Noodles/Pasta, Biscuits and Flour), this person will lead the shopper and customer marketing department and fully exploit all consumer, shopper and customer insight within a defined group of customers. This individual will drive the category value for our customers, allowing the Group to achieve the objectives laid out in commercial brand plans & customer specific account plans. The Head Shopper and Customer Marketing will champion the shopper by delivering shopper insight expertise within the business unit and to our customers. This person will also be responsible for delivery of budgeted volume/Value (Customer and Brand specific) through ownership and delivery of a shopper and category Customer plan.
Responsibilities and Duties :
- Full responsibility for the creation and delivery of annual customer specific activity plans, incorporating TTL activity & innovative Customer bespoke initiatives that deliver on both the Customer & Business growth objectives
- Drive demand forecasting by Identifying demand drivers and using them to forecast company’s sales volume whilst working with brand marketing or consumer marketing, sales & operations planning manager and finance
- Lead bespoke & innovative Customer specific initiatives and champion the shopper agenda within the business unit by both providing insight-driven direction and influencing future development of brand and channel strategy
- Provide full direction to the Modern Trade Key Account team on all shopper and marketing insight, ensuring that all activity within the account considers the consumer, shopper and customer
- Lead the development of customer specific POP in close collaboration with the Activations Team and ensure clear communication of this strategy to all stakeholders together with full post evaluation of effectiveness
- Growth plans: Read markets through Nielsen’s interpretation and market visits report and use outputs to formulate growth plans
- Work with consumer marketing to undertake IBP (Integrated Business Planning) exercises to drive category growth in a proactive manner
- Trade Standards: Set up an effective trade category planning process and use outputs to deploy the winning 6P standards in all relevant channels (Pricing Standards, Planogram, Availability Standards, Call to Action, New Product Distribution Standard and Merchandizing Standards)
- Loyalty Building with Trade Partners: Should implement an effective loyalty/trade locking schemes with relevant Channel Partners (Process, Out of Home, Key Accounts and Groceries, open Markets etc.)
- Innovation: Should work with Consumer Marketing to deploy s innovation Strategy effectively
- Point of Sales Development and Deployment: Should lead the work in the development and deployment of shopper centric and cost effective POS materials in relevant channels
- Measuring and Reporting: Put in place an effective real time market reading/auditing procedures and report to all stakeholders which includes the Executive Committee, RSM and Consumer Marketing
- Would be directly responsible for the Supermarket Channel to meet the Sales Target
- Developments and implementation of strategic customer marketing across the business portfolio while interacting with retailer, sub distributors and others to achieve business objectives and continuously raise the business performance levels
- Control of execution of the market joint business plans working closely with Distributors sales team (POS activation, sales, budget, ROI)
- Manage Trade budget and accruals professionally, ethically and efficiently
- Deliver promotional strategies that gain best level of visibility and volume lift whilst maximizing ROI
- Provide best point of sale and point purchase solutions to maximize standout of company brands
- Assist the distributor sales team in producing and presenting recommendations and innovations to customers
- Provide insight into market trends, competitor activity and consumer trends to support sales arguments
- Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data to be able to benchmark and understand market best practices
Qualification and Experience:
Applicants should ideally:
- Be familiar with Nielsen market data to realize the growth opportunities. Very well equipped in data based selling skills and identifying the key insights from analyses to formulate best practices to assist retailers in promoting sales
- Possess an excellent understanding of the retail environment, a proven track record in either the commercial (Key accounts, Activations) or marketing area
- Have a sound knowledge of category management principles and have experience of leading space and range discussions with customers
- Be highly analytical & commercially astute and possess effective planning and organisation skills
- Have excellent project management skills and experience
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to influence
- Possess strong ability to form effective working partnerships within function, across functions and with external organizations in order to deliver results
- Have a relevant qualification with minimum 8 years FMCG experience working in a Shopper/Customer Marketing, Channel Management, Consumer Marketing/Brand Marketing, Research and Sales capacity
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.