1) Work with marketing and sales departments to create promotions.
2) Work alongside product development team to incorporate promotions after product is complete.
3) Send promotions through direct mail, inserts in newspapers, Internet advertisements, in-store displays, product endorsements, or other special events.
4) Develop and launch discounts, samples, gifts, rebates, coupons, sweepstakes, and contests.
5) Determine length and timing of promotions.
6) Market promotions to various businesses.
7) In-store and out-store awareness and branding building
8) Measure ad effectiveness and optimize if needed.
9) Coordinate staff members who create and deliver ads.
10) Work with account executives to come up with ad campaigns.
11) Select agencies to partner with.
12) Approve agency plans.
13) Work with sales staff to generate ideas for the campaign.
14) Prepare cost estimates for campaigns.
15) Serve as liaisons between the firm requiring the advertising and an advertising or promotion agency that actually develops and places the ads.
16) Oversee in-house accounts.
17) Present campaigns during pitches.
18) Identify potential markets.
Desired Skills and Experience