Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC is a full service financial services group with a clear focus on three main business pillars - Corporate and Investment Banking, Personal and Business Banking and Wealth Management.
Stanbic IBTC Bank legally became part of Standard Bank Group 24th August 2007. The Standard Bank Group merged its Nigerian operations, Stanbic Bank Nigeria with that of IBTC Chartered Bank PLC. Stanbic IBTC Bank is a major financial service provider engaged in personal banking, business banking, credit cards, corporate banking, non-interest banking and wealth and investment banking in Nigeria.
The E business, risk analyst role is part of an integrated group wide organization dedicated to bring the organization’s information risks under explicit management control in order to prevent significant reputational, financial or other loss to Stanbic IBTC and its clients. This is being achieved through the efficient and effective application of risk and information systems business (electronic business) expertise to identify risk areas within existing and proposed solutions. The role performs the following activities:
• Review effectiveness of control implementation of Key Controls and Business Specific Control
• Support Business lines, e-business, Operational Risk and the SBG Information Risk Office for the successful treatment of risks across all information system platforms.
Review effectiveness of control implementation of Key Controls and Business Specific Control
• Highlight effectiveness of risk identification and implementation of key and business specific controls
• Monitor external and internal compliance requirements on all payments and collection platforms as well as other related systems
• Assessment of the control environment with specific reference to high risks identified and key controls implemented by 3rd parties.
• Recommendations on process and control gaps.
• Tracking and monitoring of control gaps and action plans.
• Provide Information Risk specific content to business partners and IR stakeholders
• Provide insight to the dynamic threat landscape across relevant e-business (i.e. payments and collection) platforms positioning the banks’ risk posture against these trends
• Analyse, correlate and reconstruct events where business operations related risk incidents have occurred within the Bank, determining the root cause, and proposing alternatives to prevent recurrence.
• Define the necessary procedures to drive information risk management on major business initiatives / projects, providing control advice and measuring control effectiveness and efficiency.
• Awareness of Technology and electronic business risk threat landscape as it relates to the Bank
• Identify trends and mitigation approaches to business challenges in business operations.
• Advise on information system risks and threat trends to new business opportunities in the e-business world.
• Provide a holistic view of the risks to the bank’s e-business platforms introduced by personnel, processes, technology and external events.
Support Business lines, e-business, Operational Risk and the SBG Information Risk Office for the successful treatment of risks across all information system platforms.
• Support the ongoing knowledge management and formalization of what risks and threats the group faces and how they are being addressed.
• Support incident response planning and investigation of customer data breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
• Initiate, facilitate, and promote activities to create risk awareness within the organization, including awareness of information risk related regulatory issues that have a potential impact to the environment in alignment with group wide awareness activities.
• Support the engagement process of risk assessments and acts as a liaison with business lines to deliver value to the business.
• Establish cooperative dialogue between Operational Risk, e-business, Financial Crime Control, and IT Security by visible and consistent action.
• Promote self-compliance to information risk governance standards, policies and standards.
• Develop business personnel knowledge to ensure better information protection and management
• Support relationship with vendors and suppliers to ensure full value of contracts is realised.
• Promote a continuous awareness of information risk value to ensure timely engagement by business managers.
Main purpose of the job
Control and manage the administration of all recoveries (in-house and outsourced matters)
• Effective management of recoveries on 180dpd & written off accounts in line with specialised recoveries strategies and after write-off strategies.
• Manage external agencies in line with approved SLAs.
• Action incoming correspondence within agreed timelines.
• Issue repossession orders as advised by relevant stakeholders.
• Maintain an accurate register of all repossessed items.
• Keep accurate records and control movement of files between the Bank and external agencies.
• Ensure written off accounts are blacklisted on all credit bureaux.
• Coordinate the asset disposal process end to end.
• Ensure file closure of irrecoverable accounts in line with approved processes.
• Ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and SBG requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action/sanction in respect of regulatory compliance matters.
Key performance measures
• Recoveries metrics as agreed in KRAs.
• Collections rate on NPL book as agreed in KRAs.
• NPL not to exceed 10% of total book.
• Accurate capture and follow up of payment plans.
• Monthly stock checks.
• Monthly reporting on all recovery activities (in-house & outsourced).
• Incoming correspondence actioned within 48 hours.
• Annual review of closed files.
Develop and maintain working relationships with all internal stakeholders.
Excellent customer service.
Manage and maintain relationships with external agencies to achieve desired results.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.