The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
Under the supervision of the Resident Representative, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Drive the Resident Representative, members of visiting missions to the Morocco Field Office (MAFO) and MAFO official delegations on mission;
- Receive Bank officials at the airport and facilitate their immigration and customs formalities;
- Ensure the planning and preparation of trips (itineraries, travel times, schedules);
- Ensure daily maintenance of the vehicle assigned to him (check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc);
- Perform minor repairs and ensure major repairs are brought to the attention of the Resident Representative and monitor their execution;
- Ensure the vehicle is clean, keep a register of official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, lubrication, etc;
- Ensure formalities prescribed in the regulations are met in the event of an accident; and
- Perform other duties as required.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or its equivalent and a valid driving licence;
- A minimum of 3 years driving experience in a renowned organization. Must have a good driving record and must be courteous;
- Capable of conducting minor car repairs;
- Must take initiative and be discreet; sound knowledge of traffic laws and major cities. Must have good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be presentable. Must have good mastery of French (written & oral). Working knowledge English is highly desirable.
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Director of the Human Resources Department, the Division Manager, Client Services manages and leads a team of HR professionals and support staff to provide integrated and high-quality HR services as well as advice to internal clients. He/ she will need to approach issues strategically, understand the business, be knowledgeable about best practices in HR Management, and be able to design and implement HR policies, programs and processes. He/ she needs to be an articulate and persuasive communicator, capable of gaining trust and commitment from staff at all levels, including the Bank’s Senior Management.
The Division Manager, Client Services will oversee a team of business-aligned HR professionals who will act as Strategic Business Partners providing insight, advice, guidance and coaching to Bank Managers and staff. Specifically, the Manager will provide support in managing the change required to build and manage the Bank’s People Strategy and meet individual business requirements. As the focal point for HR policies and processes implementation, he/she will ensure that those policies and processes address both business and staff needs, and will guide and advise Senior Management accordingly. The division manager is also accountable for people search and selection; and on-boarding processes.
Leadership and Management
- Manage a team of HR professionals and support staff in providing efficient and high quality HR services that support the business. Set realistic performance goals and motivate team members to meet them, both for individual staff and for the team as a whole
- Manage the team’s staffing and resources competently and responsibly to achieve the Division’s objectives
- Build strong relationship management and understand the business needs to assist in developing practical and effective solutions
- Develop and direct the implementation of objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the Division in compliance with Bank policies and regulations
- Be a collaborative member of the HR Management Team, contributing and sharing expertise and input and fostering a collegial environment
- Effectively communicate to staff and management on how HR strategy, policy, and processes support the needs of the business and enable a productive, positive and engaging work environment for staff
- Promote collaboration and facilitate teamwork across teams and across organizational units in HR and other parts of the Bank
- Establish and maintain contact with relevant external organisations for collaborative learning and exchange of best practices
- Maintain a high standard of personal integrity, treat individuals fairly and respectively and be sensitive to differences across culture, nationalities and gender
- Lead all processes for effective, timely and efficient recruitment of required staff in consideration of the business needs, organizational context and other market considerations
- Manage the on-boarding process for all new staff to ensure that they are effectively inducted and settled in their positions
Strategic support to Business units
- Be a credible and trusted adviser to Management on HR issues. Build and manage relationships with clients at all levels. Develop, implement and communicate policies that set a standard for HR service quality and position HR as a strategic partner to clients
- Develop a framework to facilitate and assist managers in the application of HR policies and practices in their business units
- Assist clients to set HR priorities, work programmes and action plans based on the organisation’s objectives, resources and business environment
- Actively seek feedback from clients and keep abreast of HR best practice and trends to ensure continuous relevant and effectiveness of policy and practice
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organisational Development, Learning and Development, Compensation and Benefits, Recruitment and Selection or other related areas.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant professional experience, and career progression in HR Management..
- Experience in, , and/or Knowledge of international organisational employment practices and policy challenges.
- Experience of working in a team orientated, multi-cultural professional environment
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and advice on HRM and change management initiatives
- Track record of leading and developing teams and managing projects and programmes
- Good coaching, mentoring and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong presentation and speaking skills to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people (clients, peers, supervisors and subordinates)
- Strong and proven client orientation skills and initiative in anticipation of business needs and finding solutions. Effective consulting and advisory skills that enable clients and help them build their confidence and skills to deal with HR issues
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time effectively to deal with multiple demands and deadlines
- Excellent spoken and written English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language
- Competence with standard Ms Office software
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.