MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
• Engage effectively and build relationship with internal business partners and IS subject Matter Experts
• Work with other solution experts in building a robust and appropriate enterprise architecture
• Regularly assess the existing solutions and architecture
• Scan the environment (even beyond the industry) for best practices and different solutions to business requirements
• Develop cost effective solutions and innovative approach to meet the business requirements
• Collaborates with the other Architects and the external focus team to ensure data definitions, mappings, and changes are properly coordinated
• Define standards and guidelines for payment Platforms Financial application, VTUs, & eCommerce e.t.c
• Define enterprise level systems architecture and direct the design and approach to deployment.
• Design scalable applications architecture based on trend analysis of current usage and forecast and benchmark application capabilities based on projected growth.
• Create, maintain, disseminate & validate application development guidelines & standards for all artifacts will facilitate the oversight standardization and future direction of all application development.
• Design the architectural landscape to accomplish cross system objectives and advantageous trade-offs across the ecosystem
• Ensure the alignment of Enterprise Architecture with the business strategy throughout the cycle of innovation, planning and delivery
• Chart roadmap of Technology Infrastructure, Evolution, Emerging Technologies & trends.
• Evaluate developments in architecture in the local and international business environment and recommend value adding improvements to MTNN’s application architecture roadmaps.
• Develop a high level view of current and future state business and solution architecture for E-Commerce Systems that is well connected with business strategy.
• Work with other team members to develop a comprehensive view of all aspects of E-Commerce system architecture
• Develop and demonstrate subject matter expertise in various areas such as E-Commerce Systems, Cloud Computing, Systems Integration
• Provide leadership role by participating in Architecture Review conversations to help guide development of ecommerce systems solutions that are strategically aligned to the overall architecture vision
• Work with other IT staff and review business requirements, solution alternatives, and designs and standards compliance and infuse architectural concepts like reusability, standards based, configuration driven, scalable and manageable solutions
• Exposure to Mobile Telecommunications applications – Customer Management & Billing systems, Provisioning, voucher and eCommerce systems etc.
• Any other tasks as assigned
• Normal MTNN working conditions.
• May be required to work extra hours to meet up with project deliverables
• Minimum of 4 years in telecommunications/IS/IT
• Experience in Telco 2.0 would be an added advantage
• A year in Enterprise Architecture (Business, Applications)
• 2 years’ experience integrating applications and technology in a complex environment
• Good working knowledge of EA frameworks, NGOSS and Telco 2.0
• Minimum of 2 year experience in financial systems implementation – Virtual Top Up, Enterprise Resource Planning, Mobile financial, Payment Aggregators e.t.c
• Minimum of 2 years in eCommerce systems/platforms implementation - ATG, Endeca, WebSphere Commerce e.t.c
• Minimum project management experience
• Exposure to formal requirements and design processes
• Experience with SOAP / REST web services, knowledge of SQL
• Experience with mobile integration to back-end systems via web-services & APIs
• Solid understanding of service oriented architectural principles and systems
• TOGAF certified
• Conduct research, evaluate LAN infrastructure and maintain level of occupational development
• Assist in the design and planning of LAN infrastructure and ensure implementation across corporate offices and data centre.
• Install, upgrade and maintain all LAN items across corporate offices and data centers.
• Ensure availability of LAN for all corporate offices and data center.
• Perform LAN support functions down to the last line of support before escalating to suppliers/service providers.
• Implement Disaster Recovery Plans, Capacity Management and other LAN processes and procedures, ensuring LAN security and integrity are not compromised.
• Maintain a network management platform and ensure LAN security integrity.
• Configure and maintain the new routers and switches.
• Manage administrative network servers and network statistical servers.
• Provide firewall and remote access to users.
• Conduct research, evaluate LAN infrastructure and maintain level of occupational development.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• Standby throughout the year
• Provide financial input at the inception of all MTNF projects and to the overall business plan, identifying associated financial risks.
• Provide financial input to the MTNF Project Appraisal Committee (PAC) meetings, guiding the committee in recommending projects to MTNF Board of Directors.
• Interpret accounting/financial information to evaluate the financial performance of MTN Foundation’s operations.
• Work with Monitoring & Evaluation Officer to obtain information and conduct corporate social investment analysis on a monthly basis.
• Perform quarterly social audit and return on investment analysis on all MTNF projects, giving advice as to the economic viability of the projects.
• Optimize processes, procedures and policies on funding issues with partners, forecasting the cash needs of each MTNF portfolio.
• Process payments to the MTNF partners, consultants and vendors, implementing necessary financial controls within the MTNF processes.
• Verify and validate the expenditure retirement documents and processes, preparing budget/actual variance analysis on both MTNF project funds and OPEX.
• Oversee accurate deduction of taxes and prompt rendering of returns.
• Prepare financial management reports to the Executive Secretary of the Foundation on a monthly basis.
• Collaborate with Financial Reporting for the preparation of quarterly financial statements to MTNF Board of Directors.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
4 years work experience in Finance environment including:
• At least 2 years in mainstream financial reporting in a multinational organization
• Experience in working with enterprise financial systems
• Experience in telecommunications industry is desirable
• Experience in social development environment is also desirable
• Financial Analysis and Modeling
• Corporate Social Investment analysis
• Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Hyperion Financial Management, IFS, Oracle Financial Analyzer, Pastel Evolution
• Developmental Training: Management Skills, Negotiation Skills, Supervisory Skills
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.