Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
GVA Partners is also a leading name within the recruitment industry. We have built our reputation on over the years by understanding the markets, businesses and individuals within the markets we work with and this has enabled us to deliver seamless and comprehensive recruitment solutions
The job holder is expected to work with the Head of Technology Services in consulting with users while evaluating various requirements which feeds into design recommendation, project planning and installation of data networks. She/he is expected to make recommendations for network maintenance and enhancement with the aim of ensuring uptime of all systems in line with any SLAs.
- Consult with user and evaluate requirements, recommend designs, provide cost analyses, plan projects and coordinate tasks for installation of data networks.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established networks
- Plan, test recommend, and implement network file server mainframe and workstation hardware and software
- Provide network documentation, training and guidance to computing system clients and programmers
- Serve as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies
- Troubleshoot and resolve network production problems
- Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with current system
- Recommend network solutions for short , medium and long range network projects
- Install, configure and maintain network components
- Determine plan layout for new hardware or modification to existing layout
- Install, upgrade and configure network printing directory structures, users access security, software and file services
- Establish User profiles, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed
- Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as system to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems
- Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network
- Document Network problems and resolution for future references
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource
- Oversee the installation of hardware and software
- Provide on the job training to new department staff members
- Provide computer orientation to new company staff.
- Ensure the network is scalable and supports all network services such as data, voice and video
- Provide support for Network Infrastructure at each NAP location and the web hosting centers
- Provide a secure network infrastructure for internal users and users that are out of the office
- Ensuring the security of wired and wireless network services
- Ensuring uptime of all systems in line with any SLAs (annual target of 99.9%)
- Defining and delivering new network technologies in line with business requirements
- Providing core security, configuration and uptime of hosting Firewalls and associated devices
- Consulting in the definition of strategic technology direction relating to corporate infrastructure
- Ensuring assigned service desk tasks and support issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensuring sufficient monitoring and alerting is in place for all network devices
- Keeping network device asset and change management up to date at all times
- Standardization and consolidation of all related services
Network maintenance and Enhancement
Ensure the availability and stability of all Network and Communication Systems including Internet, WAN and LAN services and Telephony services.
This requires regular routine maintenance particularly where this may impact security or availability. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- CCIE certified ideally, minimum CCNP
- VoIP (SIP, QoS)
- Firewalls (ASA, IPS/IDS, ACLs)
- Cisco Switching and Routing (OSPF, Trunking, VLANs, Subnetting)
- Internet Access and Availability
- System Logging (Syslog)
- WAN redundancy, performance and scalability (Load balancing, routing)
- LAN redundancy, performance and scalability (Cisco 6500, 3750, 2960, 3900, 2900)
- Network Monitoring and Alerting (Netflow, ACS)
- 24x7x365 Authentication and Security Management Protection (Zero Breach)
- Network Infrastructure Redundancy, Performance and Scalability
- Keeping all documentation and diagrams up to date and accurate
- Performing all daily checks consistently and resolving issues
- Support of wireless infrastructure (Cisco WLC)
- Load balancing (Radware)
Experience and Qualification
- Minimum of 5+ years post National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Network Analyst; experience in financial services organization preferred
- BSc degree in Computer Science, engineering discipline, mathematics or physics will be a distinct advantage
- Network Administration Certification is preferre Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Method of Application
Interested qualified candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com with the job title used as subject of the mail.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.