Job Opportunity at Queensland Academy
Posted on: 19 June, 2015
Deadline: 10 July, 2015
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Queensland Academy
Welcome to Queensland Academy. Ours is a culture friendly, Christian and religious tolerant school cutting across human boundaries and limitations. Queensland Academy was established in 1988 with the sole aim of making a difference in foundation education and with the gift to appreciate the parental challenge of choosing the right school for their children.
The Vice Principal Academics is responsible for supervising and overseeing all academic affairs. He/ She serve in a Leadership capacity, reporting to the Principal Academics and is responsible for coordinating all the academic schedule of duties of the supervisors as it relates to academic matters of the School.
- Supervision of Teaching and Learning Programme (Academic Programme)
- Oversee the implementation of the Electronic Learning Strategy on ICT development and learning
- Supervise and co-ordinate all the academic affairs of the school and ensure a high level of excellence as regards the school’s academic activities on a daily basis.
- Supervise the Academic schedules of duties of the Supervisor and the Registrar as it relates to academic matters.
- Ensure the compliance of learners and academic staff to rules and regulations pertaining to curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Liaise with the Vice Principal (Admin.) where appropriate.
- Address the implementation of the academic suggestions of the Quality Assurance Unit.
- Implementation of Standards and Norms of British and Nigerian Curricular.
- Oversees the Academic Programme of the college and reports lapses (weaknesses) to the principal.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT & ASSESSMENT
- Co-ordinates the adequate writing of lesson notes weekly by all educators and ensuring the appropriate use of teaching aids during lessons.
- Oversees the adequate teaching of every lesson by the educators and ensure that no lesson is missed by any educator.
- To ensure that the Notes for students are marked by the subject teachers/ Duly endorsed and countersigned by the relevant supervisor.
- Periodically appraises the educators, supervisors and HODs, the librarian and guidance counselors and submit the reports to the principal.
- As the chairperson of the School Continuous Assessment Committee, he or she is to ensure the effective performance of this committee.
- Does regular and formal classroom visits.
- Ensures that stipulated examination syllabus and curricular are available and fully implemented.
- Ensures that supervisors and Heads of Departments submit periodic reports on educators in their respective departments.
- Ensure the completion of the school diary appropriately with the following entries
- Scheme of work
- Topics taught during the week
- Ensures that the academic standard of the College is of the highest quality and excellence.
- Implementation of Early Academic Intervention Programme.
- Manage Internal and International Examinations and Tests.
- To be able to determine, organize and implement a diverse, flexible curriculum and implement an effective assessment framework
- Supervise educational programs designed for the school, evaluating Diction Programme of Learners and Educators observing classes on a regular basis.
- Submits to the principal reports of curricular and co-curricular activities including constraints and recommendations on monthly basis and as the need arises.
ADMIN & PERSONAL MANAGEMENT
- To co-ordinate the activities of all teaching staff in relating to the discharge of their duties effectively, yielding adequate results in the academic standard of the school.
- Responsible for all curricular and co-curricular activities of the college.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all records pertaining to curricular and co-curricular activities of the college.
- Ensure that all academic staff updates their knowledge and keep abreast of developments in their respective discipline through active participation in subject associations, seminars, workshops and conferences where relevant.
- Responsible for deploying personnel and resources efficiently and effectively to meet specific objectives in line with the school’s strategic plan and financial context.
- Ensure active participation of learners in Co-curricular activities both internally and externally (in and outside the College)
- Ensures that all materials required for the smooth operation of curricular and co-curricular activities are made available and utilized as and when appropriate.
- Whole school Evaluation and Entrance Examination into Year 7.
COMMUNICATION & RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- To ensure that constructive working relationships are formed between staff and pupils
- Responsible for coordinating marketing and admissions activities in the school, ensuring an improvement in enrollment into the school.
- To provide feedback to the Principal as required on the Performance Management of Academic staff at the school.
- To communicate directly with parents through the use of electronic and print media and also during Parents Teachers Organisation meetings.
- Ensures that the term reports of all learners are ready on time for distribution to parents.
- Provide monthly report to the Principal on key responsibility areas
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- The prospect must demonstrate:
- Leadership and effective supervision skills
- Performance evaluation skills.
- Decision-making skills
- Time management skills.
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Stress management skills
- Strong People management skills
- Excellent IT skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree (M. Ed), CIE certification and other relevant post-graduate degree/professional qualification will also be an advantage.
- Minimum cognate and working experience of at least 6 years at a management level preferably & at least 4 years as a Vice-Principal and 5 years as a Supervisor/Registrar/HOD.
- Good understanding of the British Curriculum and evidence of exposure to IGCSE and Checkpoint exams.
- Have a critical understanding of the most effective teaching, learning and behavior management strategies, including how to select and use approaches that personalize learning to provide opportunities for all learners to achieve their potential.
- Have an extensive and deep knowledge and understanding of their subjects/curriculum areas and related pedagogy gained for example, through involvement in wider professional networks associated with their subjects/curriculum areas.
- Have an extensive knowledge on matters concerning equality, inclusion and diversity in teaching.
- Have an excellent ability to provide learners, colleagues, parents and carers with timely, accurate and constructive feedback on learners’ attainment, progress and areas for development that promotes pupil progress
- Understanding of differentiation in learning of the pupils.
- Have a very strong ICT skills. He/She must need to supervise the activities of the ICT personnel especially as it concerns updating the school website.
Method of Application
Send your Cover note and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the 10th of July, 2015.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Queensland AcademySimilar Jobs
- Expert Home Tutors at MindSmith Limited
- Teaching Vacancy at a Standard Private School - EZ37 Solutions
- Lecturers at Obong University
- Job Vacancies at Best Legacy College of Education
- Teaching and Non-Teaching Vacancies at an Integrated British Curriculum School
- Jobs at Dawn Michaels School
- Job Openings at the University of Port Harcourt
- Teaching Jobs at Resogade Hall Schools