Knowledge Management Coordinator at Save the Children
Posted on: 19 June, 2015
Deadline: 3 July, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Knowledge Management Coordinator, Child Development Grant Programme (CDGP)
The incumbent will have responsibility for communications and KM work related to the Child Development Grant Programme (CDGP). The CDGP is a unique large scale cash transfer program in Northern Nigeria funded by DFID. The CDGP completed the pilot phase and began full implementation in January 2014 which ends in March 2018.
The Coordinator will lead Communications and Knowledge Management activities across the programme using different approaches in order to influence a wide variety of government, donor, media and community stakeholders and share evidence and case studies from the programme implementation. The Coordinator will work closely with technical staff in Abuja and state teams to develop compelling materials to support advocacy, communications and KM efforts with identified Government stakeholders and other external agencies. As well as the externally facing responsibilities, the role will also have internal accountability for ensuring strong systems are in place to communicate with the different staff and partners involved in implementing the programme and also support other Country Office related programmes.
- High degree of analytical skill, ability to influence and ability to communicate key messages effectively and convincingly to a diverse audience at state, national and international levels
- University degree in social sciences or communications or a related field.
- Substantial experience in communications, advocacy and policy development / research.
- Good understanding of the possibilities and tactics for influencing decision and policy makers, politicians, donors, and other key actors.
- Knowledge of the media and its role in raising awareness and shaping public policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences at local, national and international levels.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with partner agencies and key contacts in the government, NGO, civil society and media sectors.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, adaptability and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel extensively in the country, including northern states (Jigawa and Zamfara especially).
- Good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, email / internet).
- Fluent English language skills (written and verbal).
- Commitment to the values, mission, aims and policies of Save the Children.
- Experience in training others in Communications/KM techniques and influencing tactics.
- Prior work experience in knowledge management in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of the policies, functions, structures and decision-making processes of key national institutions with regard to child Nutrition or Development.
- Experience working with children on Health and Nutrition will be an added advantage. Local language skills (Ability to communicate in Hausa and other local languages will be an advantage
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.V and qualifying statements to: Nigeria.ProgramsVacancy@savethechildren.org on OR before July 3rd , 2015 explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!!
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Call for Proposals at Mercy Corps
- Front Desk /Administrative Assistant at WaterAid Nigeria
- Director of Monitoring and Evaluation at PACT Nigeria
- Director of Finance and Operations at PACT Nigeria
- Deputy Chief of Party at PACT Nigeria
- MHPSS Technical Specialist at Heartland Alliance International
- Business Support Assistant (SCOPE) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Organizational Development Specialist, STEER Project at Save the Children Nigeria