The Head of New Business Development is a key position to support successful pursuit of new funding for the country program. His/her actions and decisions in managing multi-divisional proposal response teams directly impact the quality and competitiveness of Save the Children’s proposals for new funding. Strategically, s/he often takes the lead in coordinating appropriate internal advance planning and communication on potential new opportunities. S/he provides quality control and support to technical leads efforts to achieve greater program impact through the successful pursuit of larger and more strategic funding opportunities. The Head of Business Development and Fundraising provides technical assistance, support and training to technical advisors for new business development strategies and tasks from pre- positioning through proposal submission.
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources – and inform Country Office SMT and relevant technical leads.
- Coordinate proposal development including providing quality control to proposals through the design, implementation and/or review of response strategies and action plans for technical and cost proposals, including writing, reviewing and editing proposal sections, graphics, work plans, budget spreadsheets and narratives; managing partner relations; overseeing final proposal production for submission to donors.
- Develop and/or maintain appropriate systems, procedures, policies and materials to support the identification, selection and response to strategic opportunities.
- Manage major open solicitations and other proposal submissions, including teaming agreements, oversight of technical design and cost proposal, capacity statements, internal review/quality control processes, drafting sections of the proposal where appropriate.
- Conduct prospecting visits to field offices to identify and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities.
- Represent Save the Children as appropriate on strategic opportunities with donors, partners and others, participating as needed in meetings and conferences.
- Strengthen the staff capacity to respond to strategic opportunities through the creation and/or delivery of formal and informal training and tools.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6-8 years' experience in international development, including at least 5 years' of experience in successful proposal development for institutional and corporate donors, including pre-solicitation preparation. Experience with USAID and DFID solicitations is required; substantive relevant experience in proposal development for other multilateral or bilateral donors may be considered within the years of experience sought.
- Experience training staff and creating training modules and materials.
- Master's degree in international development or related field.
- Preference for a candidate with overseas field experience.
- Must be willing to travel to state offices up to 20%.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to effectively communicate with and coordinate activities of multiple partners, including field-based staff.
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications, and attention to detail required.
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.V and qualifying statements to: Nigeria.OperationsVacancy@savethechildren.org on or before July 3rd , 2015 explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!!