Association for Reproductive & Family Health (ARFH) is a non-profit Non-Governmental Organization in Nigeria committed to improving the quality of life of underserved and vulnerable communities by promoting access to quality healthcare and harnessing community capacities for sustainable development. ARFH is a sub recipient to the National Malaria Elimination Program on the Global Malaria NFM Grant.
We seek applications from qualified applicanls for the position below:
Reports to the Program Manager Malaria & close work relations with the Senior M & E Officer and Senior Program Officer (PSM)
Overall Responsibilities: As a member of the Technical Team. has responsibility for all ARFH-supported malaria activities in the state. She/he provides technical assistance to the State Ministry of Health (State Malaria Elimination Program team).Local Government Authorities (LGA). Civil Society Organizations and partners implementing Malaria activities at state level to develop plans, design and implement Malaria interventions with defined deliverables.
- Support State and LGA in developing plans and work plans that communicate tasks. deadlines, and track milestones and deliverables on Malaria Programme implementation.
- Support SMEP in the planning, organizing. conducting and evaluating trainings for health care providers in the public sector
- Advocate for support for Malaria activities with Key State and LGA policy makers that ensure sustainability of malaria activities
- Work closely with other partners and build capacity to address Malaria-related issues.
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry and analysis on the national DHIS2 database.
- Participate in the monitoring and smooth implementation of Nigerian Malaria Commodity logistic system
- Participate in Assessments and Surveys related to Malaria activities
- Implement systems that enhance project performance (quality, timeliness and cost)
- Support and guide States in developing operational work plans on Malaria activities.
- Meet regularly with State and Local Government Area (LGA) focal person to discuss Malaria activities in the State.
- Provide oversight functions on monitoring of aU Malaria commodities (ACTs/LLlN) distributions in the
- State as well as participate in DQA and surveys related to Malaria activities.
- Represent ARFH in all meetings with State Ministry of Health. development partners and other stakeholders at the State level without compromising ARFH core values and principles,
- Manage funds disbursed for ARFH-supported malaria-related activities in the state.
- Perform other roles as may be assigned by Program Manager.
- An MBBS or a Degree in Medical Sciences with a master's in public health/ Masters in development studies.
- 3 years post national youth service experience on working on donor funded malaria projects in Nigeria, which must include at least 2 years in Malaria program.
- Strong Analytical, conceptualization and interpersonal skills
- Significant organizational management experience
- High level of proficiency in computer packages and statistical& datasoftware such as MS word, Excel,
- PowerPoint, DHIS2. Epi-info and SPSS. .
- Financial Management Skills
- Government Relations
- Also preferred are sound knowledge of health programs within the Nigeria public sector. health system.
- NGOs and CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders and donors. Familiarity
- with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
go to method of application »
Reports to the State Program Officer
- Ensure quality of data captured from service delivery points thrpugh desk review. Onsite data verification and encourage data use at LGA and state levels.
- Support timely and accurate entry and reporting of malaria data on the national DHIS2 database.
- Advocate for support for Malaria activities with state and LGA policy makers and community leaders.
- Provide technical support at regular meetings between State Malaria Elimination Program and LGA focal Person to discuss and build consensus on strategies on Malaria activities in the State
- Support documentation of Malaria activities in the state.
- Support State Program Officer to manage ARFH fund disbursed for Malaria activities in the state.
- Provide periodic reports and feedback to the central office as agreed and document all Malaria activities at the state level using communicated channels.
- Maintain appropriate filling systems for M&E data. PSM records, retirements and bank statements/transactions.
- Perform other roles as may be assigned by Program Manager and other senior technical officers.
- A Bachelor degree in medical or social sciences with key competence on the use of Microsoft office particularly excel.
- Demonstrable experience on monitoring and evaluation of health programs.
- Analytical. conceptualization and interpersonal skills.
- Advocacy, Communication and report writing skills are required.
- Organizational and documentation experience is required.
- Average level of proficiency in computer packages and statistical & data softwares such as MS word,
- Excel. PowerPoint, DHIS2. Epi-info and SPSS.
- Also preferred are knowledge of health programs within the Nigeria public sector. health system, NGOs and
- CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders and donors.MPH and experience in
- Malaria Programs is an added advantage. Familiarity with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
go to method of application »
Reports to the Senior Finance Officer
- Assist in preparation and tracking of budgets.
- Assist preparation of accurate. regular and timely financial reports for submission to the donor using the QuickBooks accounting systems.
- Assist resolution of audited questioned cost.
- Ensure timely retirement of travel advances.
- Assist the Senior Finance Officer to ensure accurate record keeping of all books of accounts including maintenance of the checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records consistent with generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with program staff to monitor reports and requests from Principal Recipient. checking for accuracies and support follow up of queried costs.
- Assist in preparation of requested financial reports including financial status of sub-sub-recipient project account activities.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate filling systems for payment voucher. receipts. bank statements, etc
- A degree/HND in Accounting with at least 2 years post-NYSC cognate experience.
- Also desirable is possession of ACA or ACCA, excellent analytical. interpersonal, communication and computer (excel and spreadsheet) skills.
- Experience in managing financial records of donors funded organizations and familiarity with donor and
- Nigerian NGOs contractual. procedures would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download the send with a detailed resume and a page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application must explicitly state the position and location applied for in the subject of the email e.g State Program Officer Niger State. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with functional emaii addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
Note: Only applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguard policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.