PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Context : since now more than 8 years , Schneider Electric, as a leader of its industry, is selling economical products in emerging countries . To do so, acquisitions were made in China, India, Brazil, Turkey and a specific organization put in place .It is related to core products such as plugs and sockets, LV breakers and contactors, inverters and stabilizers .
It is business of over 1 B€ sales, employing more than 10000 people .
In Africa , there is a huge potential for such products and we have great ambition .
Mission:the incumbent will have to grow the business from # 30 M$ to 100 M$ within 3 to 5y, t aking leading position in the economic segments of diffuse, projects, OEMs and Utilities’ businesses .
• Build-up a network of strong distributors, fully dedicated to the brand, committed for long term partnership, having good coverage and strong presence to electricians .
• Set-up a network of direct and indirect panel builders
• Identify Minimum projects ( social housing, small / medium projects in building and industry), and deliver competitive proposals to contractors .
• Penetrate local and regional OEMs ( generators , air-con .. ) having low-end ranges .
• Participate in Utilities’ Minimum tenders .
• Create the demand with a strong marcom ( brand to be perceived as one of the top 3 in minium segment along with Havell’s and Chint ), and being registered by most specifiers prescribing Minimum products
• Make sure that we are cost competitive with best route to market and lean organization
• Make sure that our products are available, controlling the supply chain with factories in China / India / Turkey and optimizing the Dubai Distribution center .
• Identify missing offers and specify them to RD teams of Delixi Electric / Gunsan / Luminous
• Be extremely reactive in case of any quality issue and measure customer satisfaction
• Lead a team of 3 to 4 regional leaders and develop the whole team of 10 to 20 people
• Ensure full transparency to SE organization, implementing an efficient platforming of mixed customers, ie, distributors, PBs, OEMs, contractors , Utilities .. buying both Premium and economic products
• Ensure a trustfull high level relation with brand-labelling customers in Africa ( Ingelec , SAS .. )
POSITION OF THE JOB IN THE ORGANIZATION
The incumbent will report to the dedicated “ Economical segment Organization “ within Schneider Electric with dotted line to Africa Zone President .
The incumbent will be in frequent relations with
• Operational marketers and supply chain managers of factories in China / India and Turkey
• Africa zone and African countries ‘ Presidents
• Product managers of the concerned brands ( Himel , Gunsan, Luminous )
It is critical that the incumbent develops and nurtures a high quality relationship with other relevant counterparts.
• General managers of distributors
• Key decision-makers of targeted panel-builders,contractors , OEMs , Utilities
• Ad hoc persons in targeted specification institutes
• General managers of brand labelling customers
Desired Skills and Experience
• Strong knowledge of Africa , having lived there at least 10 years .
• At least 5 years of direct involvement in distribution of industrial products, preferably Low Voltage products .
• Preferably coming from competition
• Entrepreneur , “sales animal“
• Autonomous and fully reliable
• Paying a strong attention to costs
• Ability to build-up and grow relation at high level, both externally and internally
• Fluent in English