GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE Africa’s Early Career Development Program (ECDP) is a 12 month leadership program designed to give recent university/college graduates challenging work assignments, training and development, and exposure to leadership. The program combines hands on experience with formal classroom training to equip participants with the tools and knowledge to become leaders in GE.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Generating proposals, planning customer meetings
- Providing project management support for new and ongoing projects/programmes
- Owning relationships with selected GEHC partners
- Develop and maintain a high level of GEHC product knowledge and competitors’ products
- Achieve quarterly and annual project/programme development targets through accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting
- Develop strategies for key target and competitive accounts and communicating current market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements
- Providing leadership in market analysis and development/execution of strategies and action plans to enable sales
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Knowledge and understanding of all Global Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare HIPPA Guidelines, NEMA Regulations, etc.) and operates within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int’l Law is broken.
- Knowledge and understanding of all Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int’l Law is broken
- Ownership of order and configuration quality at the point of entry to ensure accuracy, configuration integrity and that all requirements are tied to documented customer inputs.
- Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System
- Biomedical Bachelor's Degree or similar Health Science Degree or Engineering degree or higher.
- 0 – 2 years’ experience in medical diagnostic environment.
- Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business needs as well as to sales meetings and tradeshows
- To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail ensuring timely follow-up and closure.
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills - verbal, written and listening.
- Able to take on ad-hoc assignments and work flexible hours as required.
- Ability to handle business sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity.
- Good organizational and efficiency skills;
- Experience working within a very busy environment where deadlines are clearly defined and must be met.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to change
Job Segments: Medical, Engineer, Quality Manager, Environmental Health & Safety, Compliance, Healthcare, Engineering, Quality, Legal
This role is responsible for the first level of quality control across deal life-cycles – regulatory, client interaction and presentations; and overseeing modeling and communication activities. Incumbent will work as part of the regional deal team, assisting as required depending on the size and complexity of the deal.
- Support the development and closure of GE D&I projects
- Support assessment of project viability/ feasibility of implementation and bankability
- Support preparation of development budgets, timelines and structure
- Connect and develop relationships with key developers in client market
- Monitor portfolio and development spend on assigned projects
- Prepare and maintain project pro-formas and other analysis critical for identification, selection and development of investible deals
- Follow-up on project progress & budgets and report to team
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent (MBA preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated success supporting medium – large infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated project management and financial skills in cost/budgeting
- Project finance experience, with demonstrated aptitude in and economic modeling / pro-forma analysis
- Experience with evaluating, negotiating and closing contracts
- Understanding of Development Asset agreements
- Working knowledge of project development requirements such as fuel supply, grid interconnections, permitting requirements, etc.
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated executive presentation skills
Preference will be given to EE candidates.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) qualifications
- MBA qualification or Master’s Degree equivalent
- Understanding of various financing products and structures, including loans, leases, partnerships and equity investments
- Engineering background or experience a plus
Job Segments: Engineer, Equity, Law, Business Development, Investment, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Sales
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.