Jumia is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones.Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
Jumia is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce. Africa Internet Group is Africa's leading internet firm, with already over 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com,Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom and Rocket Internet.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Africa Internet Group steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of marketing and entrepreneurship.
Introduction to the role
The SWAT team is a tactical high potential team of individuals dedicated to working on Jumia’s most complex opportunities, on a project mode. Each SWAT team member will work under the direct supervision of Jumia’s senior executives (CEOs, MDs and VPs).
We are looking for talented individuals with imaginative and resourceful approaches to problem solving in the area of project management, strategic growth, business development, and retail development.
- Provide analytical and execution support to the organization's growth initiatives depending on what projects, departments and functions is assigned.
- Ability to work with senior leaders to deliver business partnerships or provide insights and key actions in support of their strategic agenda.
- Coordinate and manage the process for internal projects delivery including the interaction with external advisors and supervision of workflow between multiple teams and internal senior leaders.
- Prepare periodic progress reports to senior management and MDs on each project assigned.
- You will work on interesting projects such as:
- Re-negotiating payment terms with our suppliers
- Streamlining the key “time-to-online” processes
- Support the operational implementation of an ERP
- Redefining our pricing strategy per category
- Lead the company-wide project to improve customer satisfaction .
- Enhance route planning processes of our own-fleet delivery.
- Build a performance management system for our sales forces
Candidate qualifications and requirements:
- The ideal candidate will provide a combination of a strategic mindset with the ability to execute on set objectives and achieve desired outcomes.
- MBA background is preferred but not required.
- At least 4-5 years of relevant experience at a leading bank, buy-side institution, consulting firm, where primary experience includes business development, project management and strategic execution.
- Strategic expertise in consumer-focused companies/industries (e.g. retail, fashion, consumer products, e-commerce) a plus.
- Strong business skills and familiarity with retail analytics
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, assess results, and draw sound conclusions.
- Adept at presenting information, and communicating across all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skill
- Drive and entrepreneurial mindset, hands-on attitude required to bring maximum impact
- Experience in Africa / Nigeria is a plus
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.