A National Industrial Association, located in Lagos Nigeria and representing a significant sector of the economy, seeks to engage the services of a qualified professional, with an Engineering background as an Executive Director to paddle the affairs of the esteemed Organization. A National Industrial Association, located in Lagos Nigeria and representing a significant sector of the economy, seeks to engage the services of a qualified professional, with an Engineering background as an Executive Director to paddle the affairs of the esteemed Organization.
The Executive Director is expected to be versatile personnel with a broad understanding of association management, serving a volunteer Board of Directors and building consensus among a highly diverse and dynamic membership constituency. The qualified candidate will be required to demonstrate a track record of collaborative leadership and operational skills that will drive membership, loyalty and contribution to the public good.
All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include: At least bachelor's degree in Engineering, with at least 10 years of senior management experience and requisite professional qualifications are required. Possession of a post graduate degree is desirable. Membership of The Nigeria Society of Engineers will be an advantage.
OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to develop and execute strategic and operations plans, financial management and budgeting experience.
- Managing effective and efficient operations, member-centric programs and projects.
- Managing communications for public relations, advocacy, conferences and networking activities.
- Managing complex relationships and the ability to identify and articulate a strong membership value proposition.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget. He/She must be able to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Past success workingwith a Board of Directors
- Strong fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- The Executive Director's role will include the day-to-day office management responsibilities of the organization.
- He/She will oversee the organization's finances in collaboration with the board's treasurer.
- He/She will collaborate with relevant stakeholders in ensuring favourable policy articulation as a way of promoting and entrenching organization's aspirations.
- He/She will plan conferences, seminars, board meetings and educational events.
- He/She will be responsible for membership recruitment, retention and service.
- He/She will train, and manage staff members.
- His/Her public relations role will demand making speeches, writing articles and conducting media interviews.
Method of Application
Renumeration is attractive and commensurate with the level of responsibility. Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume with a cover letter within 2 weeks of this publication to email@example.com
Only shortlistedcandidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale