BBC Media Action is the international development charity of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), working in over 25 countries across the world. BBC Media Action works in partnership with local media agencies, civil society organisations, and governments to achieve long term development goals. We produce creative media content to inform and engage audiences, and strengthen the media sector by building professional skills and technical capacity.
This is your chance to be part of. the world's most trusted broadcaster and join a team committed to producing creative, quality, development-driven programmes. BBC Media Action, the international charity arm of the BBC, is seeking talented professionals with the right experience to join our Nigeria team as we launch exciting new projects in 2014 and 2015.
The Human Resources Officer will support the work of the Human Resources Unit and assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties in BBC Media Action Nigeria.
- Work closely with various departments and assist line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Support office recruitment, this includes:
- Assist Managers in developing job descriptions and person specifications,
- Assist in preparing job adverts and other recruitment documents;
- Assist in planning and organizing interviews
- Assist in administering testsJinterviews
- Compilation and collation of interview documents
- Support in managing and maintaining all staff related issues;
- Monitor leave roster and resp.ond timely to requests
- Regularly update all staff personnel files
- Ensure effective communication with teams
- Liaise with Health Insurance Providers and Pension fund administrators and ensure new employees are enlisted in the scheme
- Create and maintain a calendar of records of key dates with regard to probationary periods, contract renewals and performance appraisals to ensure that these are attended to in time.
- Support the coordination and process of Performance management and improvement.
- Maintain the records for annual leave and sickness for all staff; and for attendance as may be required.
- Undertake the filing of HR documents
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
- A good first degree in Human Resource Management, Management Sciences, Social Sciences or any other relevant field.
- Good experience in a similar role preferably in an INGO environment.
- Proven orqanisational, communication and interpersonal skills and be well versed in people management
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiative and make sound judgment while maintaining a team players spirit
- Ability to multitask and deliver promptly
- Good planning, organisational, analytical and decision-making skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail.
- Tactfulness and discrete when dealing with people and confidential information
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job.
- Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
- Analytical Thinking Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component
- parts, explore and evaluate them systematically.
- Able to identify causal relationships, and construct frameworks, for problem-solving andlor development.
- Decision Making is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decision made.
- Planning and Organisation Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
- Resilience Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations.
- Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Influencing and Persuading
- Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Communication The ability to get one's message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Managing relationships Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people,
- Self Development Is able to identify and apply opportunities for learning and development.
Method of Application
(A job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics ofthe job, with its principal accountabilities incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance, This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.)
Apply to: email@example.com
Interested candidates should please send in their application/cover letter with a capability statement stating their capability for the job, as well as a detailed curriculum vitae (word document please) with names and addresses of at least 2 professional referees (including their telepone, fax and email addresses) not later than 30th June, 2015 to the email addresses under the vacant position with the position applied for clearly stated on the application letter. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.